The Metrosimulator Glasgow route is a recreation of the Glasgow subway (made by Sjoerd Ydema).
In the first version, the Glasgow rolling stock is not available for Metrosimulator, so modified London Underground 1973 stock trains are used.
In version 2, the following updates have been made:
- The Glasgow rolling stock are provided in three livery's (included in the download package).
- All Glasgow activities use the correct trains.
- The tracks on the entire line are built closer together, to increase the realism at the stations.
- At all stations, the platform height and platform edge distance from the tracks are adjusted to the rolling stock.
In version 3, the following updates have been made:
- New 3rd generation trains added (driver controlled and driverless versions)
- New maintenance trains added
- Trainwash animated
- New train test facility extension
- Switches around the depot replaced to better fit with the real situation
- SPT Operations building added
Traction power supply:
Recreation of the Glasgow Subway
MetroSim Version Required:
Version 1 Build-in Metrosim 3.14
Version 2 discontinued
Version 3 Download
There is one circular line which services 15 stations. The service is divided in an inner circle (counter clockwise) and an outer circle (clockwise).
The Inner Circle runs counter-clockwise around the loop. Trains enter passenger service at Ibrox, and when returning to the depot, trains exit passenger service at Govan.
The Outer Circle runs clockwise around the loop. Trains enter passenger service at Govan, and when returning to the depot, trains exit passenger service at Ibrox.
The system has 33 motorcars with one driver cabin each, and 8 trailercars. These are employed in consists of either three motorcars, or two motorcars with a trailercar in between. Specifications on the Glasgow subway trains: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Subway_rolling_stock
The system is equiped with lightsignals (red/green at the end of all platforms). There are no further intermediate signals between stations, except between Govan and Ibrox, where the depot is connected.
Website of the Glasgow Subway: http://www.spt.co.uk/subway/