HTM GTL8 tram

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

NJTFAN1235!

Re: HTM GTL8 tram

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 12:08

GTL: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME!?!?!
11G: I think it's perfect.
12G: Nuh uh, this cursed thing is unsafe for passengers and us in general. We need to reset that thingy.
11G: Um? Yall do realize it's Sjoerd's project, he can do whatever he wants you silly chaotic freak. If anything, I could just tell him to keep it like that.
TFS: Can you both crybabies shut up (12G & GTL-8)? I am busy doing tasks for Michel on Line 17 but your whining halted it.
Muck_Hd

Post by Muck_Hd »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 20:42
brozma wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 19:42 Yeah yeah. This was already mentioned in the first post on this topic and Michiel also mentioned it in one post. I also hope, those museum trams will be operable so they can go out for a retro ride, if an opportunity shows up.
I'm afraid that these trams will not be operational after they will go out of service. They will be saved though. That because they want to increase the voltage on the overhead lines from 600V to 750V when these trams will go out of service. The PCC trams will have their transformers rebuild, so that these trams can run on 750V. The GTL8 however, it has thyristor drive and that's very expensive to rebuild them.
Do you think the Pekeltrams and Hofftram will be saved? Would be very sad to have such an important vehicle in HTMs history not operating anymore at all, even not as a museum tram.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Where there is a will, there is a way.
They'll find a solution, I'm sure of that.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Muck_Hd

Post by Muck_Hd »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 14:47 Where there is a will, there is a way.
They'll find a solution, I'm sure of that.
Yeah, I just hope there is a will :D
HTM seems to be pretty rough with GTL recently, tons are already scrapped and they keep scrapping more. :cry:
And if it's expensive to switch them to 750V, it might not be "profitable" for HTM or Hofftram. I also think the Museum sadly won't be able to afford it
brozma

Post by brozma »

NJTFAN1235! wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 13:50 GTL: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME!?!?!
11G: I think it's perfect.
12G: Nuh uh, this cursed thing is unsafe for passengers and us in general. We need to reset that thingy.
11G: Um? Yall do realize it's Sjoerd's project, he can do whatever he wants you silly chaotic freak. If anything, I could just tell him to keep it like that.
TFS: Can you both crybabies shut up (12G & GTL-8)? I am busy doing tasks for Michel on Line 17 but your whining halted it.
Tatra T3: Pffft, why are you whining about being coupled into pair and having a trailer car, GTL? I have a colleague coupled behind me on a daily basis and neither one of us have complained so far. :roll:
Tatra T6A5: Yeah, and when I have a colleague coupled behind me, it's in complete clover, because it doesn't have to have it's panto lifted up, but on the other hand, I have to give it power from myself, so it can cooperate with me.
Tatra KT8D5R.N2P: Bah. Don't be such a baby GTL. I was also once coupled into pair back in 2010, way before I undergone a rejuvenation treatment and when I was still a Tatra KT8D5. It was during trackworks near I. P. Pavlova station, and I was doing a shuttle service between I. P. Pavlova and Charles Square stations with one of my colleagues coupled into pair.

In case you're wondering. Yes, back in 2010, there were trackworks near I. P. Pavlova tram station and a pair of Tatra KT8D5 trams were doing a shuttle service between I. P. Pavlova and Charles Square stations. You can watch the video about it here (sorry the video is only in Czech).
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

brozma wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 20:53 Tatra T3: Pffft, why are you whining about being coupled into pair and having a trailer car, GTL? I have a colleague coupled behind me on a daily basis and neither one of us have complained so far. :roll:
Tatra T6A5: Yeah, and when I have a colleague coupled behind me, it's in clover, because it doesn't have to have it's panto lifted up, but on the other hand, I have to give it power from myself, so it can cooperate with me.
Tatra KT8D5R.N2P: Bah. Don't be such a baby GTL. I was also once coupled into pair back in 2010, way before I undergone a rejuvenation treatment and when I was still a Tatra KT8D5. It was during trackworks near I. P. Pavlova station, and I was doing a shuttle service between I. P. Pavlova and Charles Square stations with one of my colleagues coupled into pair.
GTL: I am the real freaking tram, that's a cursed thing! Don't make me explode the city!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The GTL8 trams from The Hague can now be downloaded here, in the new TramNL package: https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/GTL8

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Rotterdam Spotter

Post by Rotterdam Spotter »

Dag Sjoerd you will also make an activity with GLT Avenio and Citadis in a timetable

greettings ray
RG
Muck_Hd

Post by Muck_Hd »

Is it possible to replace sounds of vehicles with own custom recordings for private / local use? I can't find the location of any sound files, but I would love to test / use my own recordings on the GTL.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Ah. They're finally out. I already did some test runs and they run really well. It also surprised me, how GTL sounds like when it's standing still with it's panto lifted up. It makes a steady high pitched beeping noise, which sounds exactly like a Tatra T6A5 when it's standing completely still. You can listen for that sound here (just wait for the moment, when the tram stands still). When the tram is running it sound like a running water turbine. Especially at high speeds. Ironically, the 2011 and 2015 variant has the same door type as a Tatra T6A5, the doors push themselves outwards and slides to the side of the tram, when they're opening and vice versa, when they're closing.
Also when I was testing the Hoftrammm, I noticed, that the 2nd door on the front part doesn't open. At first, I found it odd and thought it's a glitch/oversight, but when I looked inside the Hoftrammm, I realized why is that. It's because, there's a table next to the door, so the door was obviously disabled, because, it's not supposed to open (altleast in normal circumstances, I believe, it can be opened in emergency situations).
And that motorized trailer car, that's something original. At least I don't have to couple two GTL trams into pair when I am driving in Rijndam.
Muck_Hd wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 16:55 Is it possible to replace sounds of vehicles with own custom recordings for private / local use? I can't find the location of any sound files, but I would love to test / use my own recordings on the GTL.
I'm sorry to say it, but you can't. Only developers can do it.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English