Sjoerd

Re: HTM GTL8 tram

Post by Sjoerd »

A wiki page has just been created: https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/GTL8
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Sjoerd wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 14:18 A wiki page has just been created: https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/GTL8
Nice job Sjeord! Keep up the spectacular work man! Maybe Metro Simulator can teach me something, without leaving the United States of America!
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Also, I realized something on Dutch Railway Services's Wiki:

While the Dutch Railways removed Stoptrein and Sneltrein, how come the other operators kept it?

And What is this Nachtnet thingy? It doesn't look like Sprinter, nor Intercity, or Intercity Direct.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Offtopic here, but okay...
NJTFAN1235! wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 07:30 While the Dutch Railways removed Stoptrein and Sneltrein, how come the other operators kept it?
You'd have to ask them.
Personally, I don't really care about "Sprinter" versus "Stoptrein", although I can see why Dutch Railways prefers "Sprinter"; It sounds fast (running fast from station to station), while "Stoptrein" just gives a vibe of "it stops all the time, so it's slow".
On "Sneltrein"....(my guess...) The other operators usually run on routes that are not considered mainline railways. Like "Groningen - Veendam", or "Dordrecht - Geldermalsen". If you run a fast service there (not stopping at all stations), then perhaps the word "intercity" is a bit too big? In that case, I can see "sneltrein" (fast train) fits better.
NJTFAN1235! wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 07:30 And What is this Nachtnet thingy? It doesn't look like Sprinter, nor Intercity, or Intercity Direct.
Night network... It's just intercity's, running during the night. They get this name as the routes they run are not the normal daytime routes, and they skip stations the normal daytime intercity's do stop at. For example in The Hague: normal intercity's going from Rotterdam to Leiden and Amsterdam will stop at "Den Haag HS" and "Den Haag Laan van NOI", but the Night net trains skip "Den Haag Laan van NOI".
brozma

Post by brozma »

NJTFAN1235! wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 20:04 Screenshot 2024-03-23 7.57.14 PM.png
Is this what it looks like?
Yeah of course, that's the Tatra T3 in it's full glory! But as RotterdamMetroLover said. The tram on your picture is slightly modified. It doesn't have rheostatic controller ("accelerator" or in Czech "zrychlovač"), but it has thyristors to regulate power output.
RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 13:54 Yup. BTW the 8000 series tram of Prague are called Tatra T3M. M stands for modified. These got thyristor drives in the late 70's/early 80's (TV1).
Yeah, I forgot to mention, there are other variants of the Tatra T3 trams. And by that "reconstructed version" I primarily meant Tatra T3 R.P. because that one is widely used in Prague tram network. But unlike Tatra T3M, Tatra T3 R.P. uses high-voltage high-current IGBT transistors. This allows power regulation to use higher pulse frequencies. Also IGBT transistor has lesser power loss, than thyristor.
The difference in frequencies can be actually heard. Tatra T3M makes a steady low pitched "HMMMMMMMMMMMMM" noise when accelerating from stand-still, or stopping, while most Tatra T3 R.P trams makes a steady high pitched "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" noise, when accelerating from stand-still, or stopping.

Also Tatra T3M (and it's successor Tatra T3M2 DVC), can be easily recognized by it's rectangular box on the rear of the roof, where it's thyristor module is placed in. If you look at the picture posted by NJTFAN1235, you can see that mentioned box. Although it's hard to see it on that picture, because it's partially obstructed by the station's pillar.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Nextor162

Post by Nextor162 »

Can't this be in a different topic somewhere? this is completely irrelevant when it comes to the progress of the GTL8
brozma

Post by brozma »

Nextor162 wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 12:40 Can't this be in a different topic somewhere? this is completely irrelevant when it comes to the progress of the GTL8
Don't blame me. NJTFAN1235 started it by asking, what's the point of the Hoftrammm, and I told him, it's not unusual to have some special tram vehicles and named the examples from Prague. I believe you can deduce the rest, if you look into the posts. :roll:
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Update: I just finished the destination displays for the GTL8 trams, for the Hageningen and Toronto maps. Rijndam still to-do.
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Sjoerd wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 21:39 Update: I just finished the destination displays for the GTL8 trams, for the Hageningen and Toronto maps. Rijndam still to-do.
Okay. Which lines will the GTL8 be on?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Update: A new version of the "TramNL.000" add-on (now including the GTL8) has been created. Now testing this.