Activity Help

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

TTGMB

Activity Help

Post by TTGMB »

I don't know how to make activities, how do i?

I was going to do an activity of track-works in the outskirts, the lines were going to be like this

A : Part Closure (Between Stadionweg and Simvleit Airport)

B : Part Closure (Between Tussenvelden and De Molens)

C : Part Closure (Between Eendrachtsweg and Lelywaard)(NOTE : Only running to De Bergen)

A extension for a little branch for the B (My idea of a Fieldwaard extension) is about to get it's Junctions put in ready for track-work for the line to be opened in 2022.
Can someone help me please?

Map:

Black : Closed
Dark Grey : Used by another line
Attachments
Activity Map 1.png
Activity Map 1.png (49.18 KiB) Viewed 11167 times
Sjoerd

Re: Activity Help

Post by Sjoerd »

First read this: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Basic_Activity_Guide

Then read an existing activity and see if you understand it. Try to make some modifications to see if it works.

When you start building your own activity, begin by making a timetable for all trains, so you know how many trains you need, where each train needs to be when the activity starts, what each train needs to do (at what times), etcetera.
With this information, you can start building your new ACT-file.

You need to modify your own routes.ctd file too, as you are planning using endstations where trains normally don't reverse; it will be necessary to modify the settings on the operation of the switches, and define routes like Centrum to Eendrachtsweg and back.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
TTGMB

Post by TTGMB »

Sjoerd wrote:You need to modify your own routes.ctd file too, as you are planning using endstations where trains normally don't reverse; it will be necessary to modify the settings on the operation of the switches, and define routes like Centrum to Eendrachtsweg and back.
I buggered up on the map, the C only goes to De Bergen, but ok.

Plus, where do i modify activities?
senjer

Post by senjer »

You can edit the activities with Notepad or even beter the free program Notepad++.
TTGMB

Post by TTGMB »

senjer wrote:You can edit the activities with Notepad or even beter the free program Notepad++.
Is there a code i have to copy?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

TTGMB wrote:Is there a code i have to copy?
Just open the ACT and CTD files and see how they work. You need to understand those files in order to make your own activity. Take some time to study them, and feel free to post questions ;)
TTGMB

Post by TTGMB »

Sjoerd wrote:
TTGMB wrote:Is there a code i have to copy?
Just open the ACT and CTD files and see how they work. You need to understand those files in order to make your own activity. Take some time to study them, and feel free to post questions ;)
I still dont understand, i think i need a tutorial on youtube
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

TTGMB wrote: I still don't understand, i think i need a tutorial on youtube
There are no youtube tutorials for this (as far as I know), But if you have some specific questions about the codes used in the ACT and CTD files, we can answer them.

Making a completely new activity is not something you can do in just 10-15 minutes; you really need to take your time. Even if you know the coding it can still take a lot of time (multiple hours if you want to do it right and prevent strange intervals or queue's). ;)
Metrogaming

Post by Metrogaming »

Sjoerd wrote:
TTGMB wrote: I still don't understand, i think i need a tutorial on youtube
There are no youtube tutorials for this (as far as I know), But if you have some specific questions about the codes used in the ACT and CTD files, we can answer them.

Making a completely new activity is not something you can do in just 10-15 minutes; you really need to take your time. Even if you know the coding it can still take a lot of time (multiple hours if you want to do it right and prevent strange intervals or queue's). ;)
Yes, It takes some time for me, I think I can do a tutorial video but to do an activity as far as I know it will take maybe 40 minutes to explain all the syntax.
Do you very want do an activity because it's not a very fun as the simulator? :D
I love metro simulator beta! It's my drug!
senjer

Post by senjer »

Making a activity takes some time to try stuff out. Try to edit some small things as explained on the wikipage. See in game what changed and try to edit something new. After a couple of weeks you should know what every command does.
The point about a video is that you can only explain the basics which are also explaind on the wiki, special commands like making a normal station a terminus it is different for each single activity. So you have to find out how they work by yourself.