Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Leipzig_LP

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by Leipzig_LP »

remy wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 19:57 Another few screenshots of OpenRails with the old RET Metro route, but this time, I think it has trouble with the custom tsection.dat file...

Can't remember if this was an issue back then with MSTS, but boy am I happy with how much better / great Metro Simulator Beta runs...
derailing in Open Rails 😆

Why don't we actually have an MSTS/OR area for photos videos like in several forums where I'm in.
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Well... since my 1st repaints of Amsterdam S1/S2 and S3/M4 were successful. I've decided to repaint other vehicles. This time I've chosen Amsterdam 11G and 12G.
Notes:
1st: Like with Amsterdam S1/S2 and S3/M4 repaints. I am not so talented in drawing, so the repaints may look cringeworthy, but I can't do better.
2nd: Repaint templates will be placed in separate posts, since there's a limit of 3 attachments per post.

Name of the repaints: What if Prague transport company owned Amsterdam 11G and 12G

Amsterdam 11G
Amsterdam 11G tram in Tatra KT8D5R.N2P livery.jpg
Amsterdam 11G tram in Tatra KT8D5R.N2P livery.jpg (146.46 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
Trivia:
1st: This repaint was hugely inspired by default livery of Tatra KT8D5R.N2P tram. You can see it below:
2nd: The reason why Tatra KT8D5R.N2P's livery was chosen is, because Amsterdam 11G and Tatra KT8D5R.N2P has a few things in common. They're both bi-directional, they both have lowered floor on middle segment and their maximum speed is almost the same (75 km/h for Amsterdam 11G, 72 km/h for Tatra KT8D5R.N2P).
3rd: In original livery, there's a symbol of a person on a wheelchair on the front mask and near doors on middle segment. The said symbol is accompanied with text "Žádost o plošinu" (Czech for "Request wheelchair platform") near the doors on the middle segment. These symbols were omitted on the Amsterdam 11G repaint, because they would look like a mess of white and blue pixels.
4th: In original livery. The logo of Prague company is only placed on the both sides of each end segments near doors close to driver's cabins. On the repaint, I wanted to use the logo repainting space on template and placed a full logo of Prague transport company in it. Of course I didn't forget to place the logos on both sides of the end segments of the Amsterdam 11G, although I had to omit the text again. The reason is the same like in Amsterdam S1/S2's repaint.
5th: The text on the front logo says: "Dopravní podnik hlavního města Prahy," which can be literally translated as: "The transport company of the capital city of Prague." But this can interpreted as "Prague transport company."
6th: In original livery there's a Prague coats of arms on both sides of the middle segment placed near the segment's joints and gangway connections. These coats of arms were omitted on the repaint for the same reason, as on Amsterdam S1/S2's repaint.

Amsterdam 12G 1st repaint
Amsterdam 12G tram in Skoda 14T pre-refubrishment livery.jpg
Amsterdam 12G tram in Skoda 14T pre-refubrishment livery.jpg (124.98 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
Amsterdam 12G 2nd repaint
Amsterdam 12G tram in Skoda 14T post-refubrishment livery.jpg
Amsterdam 12G tram in Skoda 14T post-refubrishment livery.jpg (143.79 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
Trivia:
1st: Both of these repaints were hugely inspired by Skoda 14T tram's pre-refubrishment livery and post-refurbishment livery. You can see both below:
Pre-refurbishment livery (just ignore that Tatra T6A5 in the background)
Post-refurbishment livery (just ignore that Skoda 15T in the background)
2nd: The reason, why both Skoda 14T's liveries were chosen is, because like Skoda 14T is used on very busy lines in Prague, the Amsterdam 12G is also used on very busy tram lines in Amsterdam.
3rd: The reason, why Skoda 14T has two liveries is simple. Back in 2014, the Prague transport company discovered, that Skoda 14T trams have a big construction flaw, which caused the parts of the endoskeleton and bogies to develop material fatigue cracks. At first, the Prague transport company tried to fix it itself, but the problem was only getting worse. So the Prague transport company had no choice, but to file a complaint to Skoda Transportation and transport the defective trams back to Pilsen to get them fixed. Back then, Skoda transportation actually admitted, it made a mistake and it'll try it's best to fix it. Although most of the trams were taken back to Pilsen to get them fixed, in 2015, Prague transport company managed to fix three of the Skoda 14T trams by itself and sent them back to service. These trams have their pre-refubrishment livery until nowadays. The rest of the Skoda 14T trams were later in January 2017 fixed and refurbished by Skoda Transportation and got their post-refurbishment livery.
4th: On both of the Skoda 14t's liveries, there's also a symbol of a person on a wheelchair on the front mask and between the doors on 2nd and 4th segment. The symbol between doors has also a accompanying text saying "Žádost o plošinu" (Czech for "Request wheelchair platform"), just like on Tatra KT8D5R.N2P livery. Like on Amsterdam 11G livery, these symbols were omitted on Amsterdam 12G repaint for the same reason as on Amsterdam 11G.
5th: On both of the Skoda 14t's liveries, there's no logo of Prague transport company on the front mask. There's actually a logo of the Skoda Transportation (the manufacturer of Skoda 14T tram) on the front mask on pre-refurbishment livery. But I decided to do the same thing with logos, like on Amsterdam 11G repaint. The reason is simple. Amsterdam 11G and 12G weren't made by Skoda Transportation but according to Wikipedia, they were made by BN (now Bombardier), so if I place a logo of Skoda Transportation on Amsterdam 12G, It would be incorrect and it would a huge eyesore (or as we say in Czechia. "It would be like a punch into the eye").
6th: On both of the Skoda 14t's liveries, there are Prague coat of arms on both sides 2nd and 4th segment of the tram. These coats of arms were omitted on both repaints for the same reason as on Amsterdam S1/S2's repaints.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
brozma

Post by brozma »

Repaint templates for my repaints, Part 1. Feel free to use them. For downloading these templates on Chrome and Firefox, right click them and choose "Save picture as"

Amsterdam 11G
GVB11G_Repaint.png
GVB11G_Repaint.png (29.17 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
Amsterdam 12G version 1
GVB12G_Repaint_L.png
GVB12G_Repaint_L.png (31.31 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
GVB12G_Repaint_R.png
GVB12G_Repaint_R.png (30.94 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Repaint templates for my repaints, Part 2. Unfortunately, you can't use both repaints for Amsterdam 12G simultaneously. You have to use only one of them, and if you wanna use the 2nd one, you need to swap them in "textures" folder. For downloading those repaints, follow the instructions on 1st part.

Amsterdam 12G version 2
GVB12G_Repaint_L.png
GVB12G_Repaint_L.png (30.23 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
GVB12G_Repaint_R.png
GVB12G_Repaint_R.png (28.71 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

5056 on line 15 to Centrum.jpeg
5056 on line 15 to Centrum.jpeg (131.1 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

I thought they were scrapped?

After setting the networks where they were traveling.

https://youtu.be/5vyMudd_--0
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

ignore
Last edited by Leipzig_LP on 12 Mar 2023, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
JeffT

Post by JeffT »

S1Train.png
S1Train.png (465.52 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Old Gothenburg tram paint scheme.
GS_Repaint.png
GS_Repaint.png (84.61 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Download.jpeg
Download.jpeg (169.06 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Here are 3 Avenios at the port in Hageningen.

I don't feel comfortable in the forum anymore since Michiel added the rule that if you misspell your name you will be banned.

I hardly have any pictures from the simulator anyway that I could show you, so I will probably no longer be active like this, always living with the fear of being personally banned by the boss.
😬
brozma

Post by brozma »

Leipzig_LP wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 17:20 I don't feel comfortable in the forum anymore since Michiel added the rule that if you misspell your name you will be banned.
TBH I also got startled at first, when I read that message, but the laughing emoji at the end of the mentioned message only confirmed, Michiel was sarcastic. No need to worry about it then. ;)