HTM GTL8 tram

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: HTM GTL8 tram

Post by Sjoerd »

Creating the driver position. I hoped I could just import the desk from the GVB 11G/12G, but it didn't fit well. So I only imported the basis schape of the dashboard (with the handrail under it), removed all its contents, and created the new situation from scratch.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Sjoerd wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 16:05 Creating the driver position. I hoped I could just import the desk from the GVB 11G/12G, but it didn't fit well. So I only imported the basis schape of the dashboard (with the handrail under it), removed all its contents, and created the new situation from scratch.
Hmm, that's kinda nice! The tram may look like a original product that the 11G/12G is like, minus the weird color things that were with route numbers. I don't really understand the route colors
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

NJTFAN1235! wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 16:44 ...minus the weird color things that were with route numbers. I don't really understand the route colors
The idea is that each line has it's own color patern, and these color paterns can be recognised (when you are waiting for the tram) from a larger distance when it is dark outside. Here are the paterns for Amsterdam trams: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... enADAM.jpg

The Hague doesn't use this system anymore, so these trams will not be equipped with this.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Entering the simulator...
For now with pantographs from the 11G/12G tram for testing purposes, until I can put on a correct one...
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 17 Feb 2024, 21:54 Entering the simulator...
For now with pantographs from the 11G/12G tram for testing purposes, until I can put on a correct one...
yeah :D
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Cabview work-in-progress:

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The folding doors (same type as on the Rotterdam ZGT) have been added, and the passenger seats are in... :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The tram has now been fitted with HTM logo's, vehicle numbers, the side mirror which rotates out as the first door opens, and the direction indicators have been made functional.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

"voor de streep geen staanplaatsen" -> in front of the line (on the floor), no standing places. Or in better English: do not stand on the other side of the line on the floor.

"niet spreken met de bestuurder tijdens de rit" -> Do not speak with the driver during the trip (actually; when the tram is in motion)
brozma

Post by brozma »

And I was wondering, what are Michiel and Sjoerd up to with Metrosim, so there's almost no activity in this forum. I guess this answers my question.
Anyway, TBH that GTL8 tram sort of reminds me of Tatra KT8D5, but with headlights from Tatra KT4D. GL8 even has a pair of pantos on both ends, like Tatra KT8D5 has.

But I now wonder, Why does GTL8 tram has a pair of pantos, when it's unidirectional?
My guesses, why is that, are:
1st: Different panto is used in different situations. For example: if the tram is street-running on runs on normal tracks, it has the front panto lifted up, and if the tram is on the tram-expressway or on high speed track, it has it's rear panto lifted up.
2nd: The rear panto is the backup one. If the front panto gets damaged or destroyed, the rear panto is lifted up, allowing driver to get the crippled tram to the depot for fixing.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English