NJTFAN1235!

Re: Goodbye NS 1700 😔

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

TreinspotterDeamyen wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 06:17 Only dutchies know.... 😔
Don't worry, they'll still be here
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Some of them will still run for freight operations and museum runs. But they will no longer be in passenger service.
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 15:06 Some of them will still run for freight operations and museum runs. But they will no longer be in passenger service.
That reminds me, maybe i could ask Sjeord privately about adding a museum run that involves old trains.

They could run from Centraal Station to Simvlet Central. Making stops at Strand, Poort, Essim West, Essim Central, Simvlet Central
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

There is no need to announce a private message with a public forum post.
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Michiel wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 16:16 There is no need to announce a private message with a public forum post.
Erm...... :oops:
brozma

Post by brozma »

But there's one question remaining. What loco/s is gonna replace the NS 1700? I think NS should have thought about this first, before it decommisioned NS 1700 locos.
Czech railways actually made this mistake 3 years ago, when they decommisioned ČD class 560 (AC tornado) EMUs. It decomissioned them, but didn't think about the replacement. Luckily, South Moravian Region (region around Brno) thought about this quickly, bought some class 530/class 550 EMUs, which are nowadays called JMK class 530/JMK class 550 and nicknamed "Ibalgin" (due to it's livery, where pink color is dominating, and reffering to a brand of a painkiller medicine, which is sold in a form of pink pills) and "Pink Panter" (due to fact, JMK class 530/550 are related to ČD class 660 "Interpanter" EMUs and it's also a reference to Pink Panter franchise), and used them as a replacement for decomissioned ČD class 560.

Note: "JMK" is an Czech acronym for South Moravian Region (in Czech: Jihomoravský kraj).
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

NS is now leasing some Siemens Vectron locomotives until the ICE L and BR 105 locomotive are finished (Talgo train)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The direct replacement are the TRAXX locomotives, which were needed as the ICR trainsets would be rerouted via the high speed line (and the NS 1700's can't run under 25kV AC and ERTMS) a number of years ago.

The NS 1700's were also used for the doube-decker DDM1 and DD-AR trains, but these have been taken out of service (or the locomotive was replaced by mDDM motorcars; these trainsets are still in service as DDZ, a modernised Intercity version of the DD-AR's).

In the last few years, the only NS1700's in passenger service were for the Amsterdam-Berlin trains, between Amsterdam and Bad Bentheim (where a locomotive change was done for the rest of the trip to Berlin). In less than one month, the Vectron locomotives will take over this train, to make replacing the locomotive at the border a thing of the past, speeding up the service by half an hour. That means the last NS 1700's will go out of passenger service. And a bit later, the carriages will also be replaced by new Talgo ICE-L trainsets, which are now testing on the tracks in Germany.

This weekend, there was a farewell tour through the Netherlands planned with a NS 1700 and a trainset from the Amsterdam-Berlin service. I did not buy a ticket myself, as I already had other plans.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
TreinspotterDeamyen

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

Luckily I was there, I spotted him at Amersfoort Centraal, Deventer and Rotterdam Stadium (Photoshoot)
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten