NS SLT

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: NS SLT

Post by Sjoerd »

The screen on the right of the cabview is now functional.

When the train is activated, it shows the destination display, the number of trainsets coupled (only the first with train number, up to 5 trainsets are shown), an acceleration meter, and it will show it if the emergency brake is activated.

When there is a problem, it will show the malfunctions screen. The train differentiates three levels of problems; A, B and C, depending on how much of a problem it is.
An "A" problem would require you to stop the train immediately.
A "B" problem needs attention (and might need solving), but you can probably continue operating the train.
A "C" problem is a comfort issue; nothing to worry about at the moment, but more a "fyi" situation. Example; a malfunctioning passenger information display in the passenger section of the train. C-problems are not modelled here (as the simulator doesn't have functions for that).

When the train is in motion and the doors are open (the malfunctions showing are "doors not locked" and "doors on the right side open").... That would be an "A" problem; high risk, so stop immediately. :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Transrapid1

Post by Transrapid1 »

Cant wait to try it together with the double decker EMU :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Still to-do on the interior; the passenger information screens....

TreinspotterDeamyen

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

Hey Sjoerd, here do you have some Textures for the Passengers information screen from the NS SLT
Screenshot_20231101-135241_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20231101-135241_YouTube.jpg (43.67 KiB) Viewed 6228 times
Screenshot_20231101-135227_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20231101-135227_YouTube.jpg (41.24 KiB) Viewed 6228 times
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That second one could be usefull. :)

The first one (which lists the next stations) I don't think I can make functional. I only managed to make that system work in the new generation Glasgow metro, as I also made the route, and the trains aren't usefull on any other route (too small, too low). So I made a modified version of the ATB system, where the ATB signals from the track include information on the next station along the route. With only one line, and only 15 station, that could be done. But with the many railways already in the simulator, and all the trains that would need modifying to work with the new ATB-codes, that is not really an option.

So either I make the screen display just the destination station, or I make it show the screen which indicates the current speed and temperature (where the temperature will obviously be a fixed value).
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Sjoerd wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 09:50 I put in the new one at the moment, as all of them will be getting it, so the trains can run with ERTMS... which means in the simulator, you can drive on the HSL and channel tunnel section too (not possible in real life, as the trains are not suitable for 25kV AC, but the simulator doesn't care about voltage ;) ).
Here's a suggestion - how about a fictional dual-voltage version, with one pantograph for each (one for 1.5kV DC and 25kV AC)?
That'll do the train journey where there is two different voltages :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It has two pantographs... So if you want, you can just switch to pantograph 2 as you transfer to the HSL section and pretend you are now running under 25kV. ;)
GwnLars_

Post by GwnLars_ »

Woah, SLT with a DMI. Is this 2014 or 2023?
Jippiejippiejajajippiejippiejee
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alright, lets do an ATB-only version too;

TS_Trainspotter

Post by TS_Trainspotter »

Wonderful work! We are going to be running the whole network with the SLT, it seems!