Rotterdam train rebuilds

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Isahh

Rotterdam train rebuilds

Post by Isahh »

Are there currently any plans on rebuilding the Rotterdam trains? As they are outdated and contain a series of flaws and inaccuracies such as interior boards not functioning in other words is entirely static, Other trains seem to be mirroring their real life counterparts totally fine such as the S stock or the recently built CAF M4. The Rotterdam Trains don't. Compared to other trains looks extremely innacurate let's compare real life to game, Shall we?
SG3
Real life
Ingame
5300 and 5400
Real life
Ingame
Real Life
Ingame

Last but not least
The interior boards on other trains display the destination of the train, Why is it not here
To the devs, I hope this helps :)
Sgt_DeBones

Re: Rotterdam train rebuilds

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

I love this suggestion. I have no idea if it will be executed though. :|
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

They will be rebuild when there is someone with a few months of free time available. So probably not. Also, there is no need for extremely obvious suggestions like this, if we had the manpower to make HD models we would have obviously done so already.
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Another interesting question would be, is the definition of a model the most important aspect ?

What I mean is, having HD/realistic models are pleasant to look and a bit more immersive, sure, but on the other hand, it can create frame drops, and even make the sim crash.
If what you're looking for is a good driving simulation that can handle a lot of trains and that doesn't slow down each time you pass in front of a depot, having a very low poly interior is probably the best idea.

To be honest, I even think it could be interesting to have a few very low poly trains with a basic texture on the windows, without interior, no need to load anything superfluous.
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

that's a bad idea....
Isahh

Post by Isahh »

HexxOP wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 18:35 Another interesting question would be, is the definition of a model the most important aspect ?

What I mean is, having HD/realistic models are pleasant to look and a bit more immersive, sure, but on the other hand, it can create frame drops, and even make the sim crash.
If what you're looking for is a good driving simulation that can handle a lot of trains and that doesn't slow down each time you pass in front of a depot, having a very low poly interior is probably the best idea.

To be honest, I even think it could be interesting to have a few very low poly trains with a basic texture on the windows, without interior, no need to load anything superfluous.
I played an activity with the amsetrdam trains(These of which are the most recent trains to the game) in Rijndam and my computer seemed to go completely fine, What prevents it from getting rebuilt here? :? Not to mention these things are 10 years old
Termatenjohan

Post by Termatenjohan »

Time
Altijd op zoek naar reisgenoten voor een rondje bussen in rotterdam en dordrecht.
instagram: ov_spotter_nl_
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Question has been answered multiple times already, no need to keep this open because someone doesn't accept the answer and keeps spamming.