Moderator: senjer

Isahh

Re: Sjoerd's medical emergency discussion topic

Post by Isahh »

Yo bruh i heard about ur situation, rest easy man
remy

Post by remy »

Sjoerd wrote: 15 Feb 2023, 11:11 I was just told they want to keep me in the hospital for another day, and decide on sending me home again tomorrow.

But due to my medical situation, even if I get to go home tomorrow, I am forbidden from doing any work; my wife already said she is going to keep me away from my laptop (good luck trying, haha.... I will be permitted to watch TV, and I also use my laptop as a DVD player....)

I really want to continue, but a delay is just unavoidable.

Hey just take it easy. Beterschap en sterkte gewenst!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Update: I am home again. I have to take medication for the next few months. It seems to be helping.
I will continue finishing the ZGT when I can, but at the moment I am not allowed to do anything other then relax and watch TV, in order to keep my heart rate down (due to my condition, it is still a bit too high)....
Thanks for your support! I'll keep you updated on any news.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 22:04 Update: I am home again. I have to take medication for the next few months. It seems to be helping.

Thanks for your support! I'll keep you updated on any news.
Do you smoke ?

And do you have a specific suspicion as to what triggered the no idea (collapsed lung)?
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Sorry to hear that you have been in hospital, glad you are recovering.
Rest easy, Sjoerd.

Alistair Cowell
brozma

Post by brozma »

Leipzig_LP wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 07:53 Do you smoke ?

And do you have a specific suspicion as to what triggered the no idea (collapsed lung)?
Well. Although smoking can cause lung cancer or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), It's very unlikely Sjoerd has a lung cancer, if he had it, he would know it and he would already tell us. I think he either had COPD (if he smokes, it's very likely) or maybe it was a strong pneumonia or bronchitis.
I know what I am talking about. One of my relatives passed away due to COPD. The said relative didn't smoke though, but he worked with combustion engine-operated machines a lot and possibly inhaled a huge amount of exhaust fumes (exhaust fumes, especially from old diesel engines, can cause COPD as well, if you're exposed to them for very long time).

About pneumonia, I had it when I was in the 8th grade in the elementary school (COVID-19 didn't exist yet), and I was on antibiotics for 2 weeks. I can say, I went through hell, when I had that pneumonia. Fevers, chills, feelings like, something heavy is on my chest, coughing and retching. Really unpleasant, but luckily, it wasn't so bad, so I needed to be hospitalized. I recovered from it after I took all the antibiotics I had.

About bronchitis, back in fall 2021, one evening, I didn't feel well, and my chest felt a bit funny, but I ignored it, thinking I just inhaled some dust, and I thought, I can get it out over time. But I was wrong! Later that night, I woke up choking and started coughing and retching. I tried to call for help, but I couldn't speak. Luckily after coughing frenzy I managed to catch a breath and I could speak again. Next morning, I went to nearest COVID-19 testing centre to get an antigen test to either confirm or dismiss, if I have a COVID-19 or not (I've got vaccinated against COVID-19 in the summer in the same year), when antigen test returned negative, I went to visit my doctor, who diagnosed me with bronchitis and since I was choking the previous night, she prescribed me a strong mucolytics to prevent choking from happening again. And why I was choking? According to my doctor, when I was asleep, the mucus in my infected bronchi and partially infected windpipe seeped into my throat and partially clogged the windpipe in it, That's why I was choking. The inability to speak was due to mucus getting into my vocal cords and gluing them open. Luckily, I didn't choke again and after a week and a half, I recovered from it.

Also a pneumothorax (collapsed lung)? I don't think so! Pneumothorax never occurs randomly and without an injury to the chest. The pneumothorax is always a consequence of a chest injury, which punctures pleural cavity and air leaks into it. It's very unlikely, Sjoerd had a pneumothorax, unless he got injured on his chest.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Isahh

Post by Isahh »

brozma wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 19:42
Leipzig_LP wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 07:53 Do you smoke ?

Well. Although smoking can cause lung cancer or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), It's very unlikely Sjoerd has a lung cancer, if he had it, he would know it and he would already tell us. I think he either had COPD (if he smokes, it's very likely) or maybe it was a strong pneumonia or bronchitis.
I know what I am talking about. One of my relatives passed away due to COPD. The said relative didn't smoke though, but he worked with combustion engine-operated machines a lot and possibly inhaled a huge amount of exhaust fumes (exhaust fumes, especially from old diesel engines, can cause COPD as well, if you're exposed to them for very long time).

About pneumonia, I had it when I was in the 8th grade in the elementary school (COVID-19 didn't exist yet), and I was on antibiotics for 2 weeks. I can say, I went through hell, when I had that pneumonia. Fevers, chills, feelings like, something heavy is on my chest, coughing and retching. Really unpleasant, but luckily, it wasn't so bad, so I needed to be hospitalized. I recovered from it after I took all the antibiotics I had.

About bronchitis, back in fall 2021, one evening, I didn't feel well, and my chest felt a bit funny, but I ignored it, thinking I just inhaled some dust, and I thought, I can get it out over time. But I was wrong! Later that night, I woke up choking and started coughing and retching. I tried to call for help, but I couldn't speak. Luckily after coughing frenzy I managed to catch a breath and I could speak again. Next morning, I went to nearest COVID-19 testing centre to get an antigen test to either confirm or dismiss, if I have a COVID-19 or not (I've got vaccinated against COVID-19 in the summer in the same year), when antigen test returned negative, I went to visit my doctor, who diagnosed me with bronchitis and since I was choking the previous night, she prescribed me a strong mucolytics to prevent choking from happening again. And why I was choking? According to my doctor, when I was asleep, the mucus in my infected bronchi and partially infected windpipe seeped into my throat and partially clogged the windpipe in it, That's why I was choking. The inability to speak was due to mucus getting into my vocal cords and gluing them open. Luckily, I didn't choke again and after a week and a half, I recovered from it.

Also a pneumothorax (collapsed lung)? I don't think so! Pneumothorax never occurs randomly and without an injury to the chest. The pneumothorax is always a consequence of a chest injury, which punctures pleural cavity and air leaks into it. It's very unlikely, Sjoerd had a pneumothorax, unless he got injured on his chest.
Aint readin allat but it sounds bad
Isahh

Post by Isahh »

So let me get this striaght, bro got into some fight, got hospitalized cause his lungs collapsed?
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Tf is everyone saying? Stop speculating. If Sjoerd wants to he’ll let everyone know
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Lock this topic and honestly ban Isahh.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!