Amsterdam S1/S2 & S3/M4

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Amsterdam S1/S2 & S3/M4

Post by Sjoerd »

New project: Amsterdam type S1/S2.

This is the Amsterdam answer to the Rotterdam SG2 5200-series. A metro which is also usable for tram duty. In Amsterdam they used to switch between metro-mode and tram-mode at station Amsterdam Zuid, by raising/lowering the pantographs (each unit has two pantographs, and they were always both used) and folding up/down footplates at the doors (on the metro section of the line, the platform edge is further from the vehicle compared to the distance on the tram section of the line. Foldable footplates bridge the gap).

I have just spend a few hours in Sketchup working on this train type, and here is the status at the moment:
Note the two different passenger doors; the red one is in preparation to also do the original livery. Just incase ;)

In Metrosimulator this train will be usable on all lines that will also take the RET SG2 trains.

Pictures from the real vehicles: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cate ... categories
More information (in Dutch): https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneltrammaterieel_S1/S2

Question to you:
Does anyone have any good pictures of the drivers cabine? I only have one, and it isn't a sharp picture. Any help with this will be appreciated!
(Pictures sharp enough to read the labels at the individual controlls are the most helpful ;) ).
Source: http://www.digitaletram.nl/actueel/2007 ... 200703.htm
Last edited by Sjoerd on 02 Jan 2023, 23:06, edited 2 times in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Re: Amsterdam S1/S2

Post by Sjoerd »

The result of another full day of working on this train:

SGJDW_472006

Post by SGJDW_472006 »

Nice job man👍👌
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 17:33 The result of another full day of working on this train:
very nice i know this train from the amstelveenlijn
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Sjoerd wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 17:33 The result of another full day of working on this train:
It looks nice! Although, doesn’t the blue look a bit too oversaturated?

Also, if you need new R-NET decals, I’ll be available :mrgreen:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The destination display is now functional, and I am working on the passenger interior. I have recieved a few good pictures of the drivers cabine though Facebook, so I'll be starting on that soon too.

RSG3 wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 11:23 It looks nice! Although, doesn’t the blue look a bit too oversaturated?
As you can see; I fixed that. Thanks!

And a smal correction; in my first post in this topic I stated that the S1/S2 can be used on all lines where the Rotterdam SG2 trains (series 5200) can be used. This turns out to be not entirely correct; I have since learned that the Amsterdam metro network used to have ZUB 122 as its train protection system (used to, as they have recently switched to CBTC; Communication based train control, and as I understand it, ZUB is now only present as backup option until the newer installed CBTC is reliable enough).
Therefore, this model will also be fitted with ZUB, and therefore it can be used in the simulator on ZUB-protected lines too.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The external lighting has been improved, I have been working to improve the passenger interior, and the drivers cab is taking shape...

luka23

Post by luka23 »

That's going quite quickly actually
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Vacation..... ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

While working on the cabview, let's start on adding other liveries too. Here is the original one from 1994: