Amsterdam S1/S2 & S3/M4

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Amsterdam S1/S2 & S3/M4

Post by Sjoerd »

Ollierocha wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 11:25 are you planning to do a amsterdam metro based map in the future
Not at the moment, no.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Ollierocha

Post by Ollierocha »

maybe in the future
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 11:19
Leipzig_LP wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 10:51
Ollierocha wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 10:19 so when will the s1/s2 s3/m4 and m1/m2/m3 come out
i don't know 🤷🏻‍♂️
Leipzig_LP wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 11:03
Ollierocha wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 10:55 maybe around late january
Think early February tests in tasks and functionality in the sim to be sure 😁
Read back... two pages ago in this topic, I said this:
Sjoerd wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 06:48 If all goes as I hope, I might be able to release it next weekend. ;)
And I am still on track to reach this goal. :D

It was a joke from me ;)
Please don't bad to me
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Ollierocha

Post by Ollierocha »

so how do i take a photo in msb?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Ollierocha wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 12:15 will there be a project about the amsterdam m6/m7
No. The Amsterdam M7 is just a 3-car version of the M5. You can already make that doing an A-B-A configuration with the seperate M5 cars (or selecting the fictional RET-version of the M5, which is a full trainset in 3-car configuration).
Yes, the M7 has a bit more smooth front design, and it is build bij CAF instead of Alstom... But the differences are not large enough for me to essentially make a whole new train just for those small differences.

It is bassically a case of the GVB ordering the M5 again in 3-car formation, but due to European tendering law, they could not just call Alstom for that again, and CAF eventually got the order (and doing a pretty good job at duplicating the M5 design).

Note: M5 and M6 are the same train; the M6 was just an extra order of the same train, and was the 'optional' part of the original order; in the M5 order, they included the option to order 12 more units later, designated as type M6. In the end, only 5 extra units were actually ordered, and they are now also officially just refered to as "M5".
The new trains build by CAF, yet to enter service and to replace the S1/S2 and S3/M4 trains, are refered to as M7. Therefore... the M6 doesn't actually exist and can be seen as a "skipped over" type number (just like the M1, which was a 4-unit prototype series, later rebuild to be part of the M3 series).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

If one day it is technologically possible in the simulator, I would most like line 51, but with the old status. #amstelveenlijn The route/line would I searched ❤️ 24/7 But I'm always happy when the simulator gets improvements or more vehicles 😄
Cirkellijn

Post by Cirkellijn »

Leipzig_LP wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 11:48 If one day it is technologically possible in the simulator, I would most like line 51, but with the old status. #amstelveenlijn The route/line would I searched ❤️ 24/7 But I'm always happy when the simulator gets improvements or more vehicles 😄
I think a fictional route similar to the old Amstelveenlijn 51 would actually be cooler. It wouldn't need to be as long as the original. Maybe it could even fit onto Rijndam.
A Tram is good, but a Metro is better! 8-)
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Cirkellijn wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 14:42
Leipzig_LP wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 11:48 If one day it is technologically possible in the simulator, I would most like line 51, but with the old status. #amstelveenlijn The route/line would I searched ❤️ 24/7 But I'm always happy when the simulator gets improvements or more vehicles 😄
I think a fictional route similar to the old Amstelveenlijn 51 would actually be cooler. It wouldn't need to be as long as the original. Maybe it could even fit onto Rijndam.
rijndam is finish with tracks has sjoerd say.
Cirkellijn

Post by Cirkellijn »

I know, but making a completely new map is always a big thing. And right now the developers are already busy on other projects. Sjoerd is building the Lausanne M2 map and Michiel is working on City of Thames. That's why a new map (let alone another dutch one) is pretty unlikely to come anytime soon.
A Tram is good, but a Metro is better! 8-)
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Cirkellijn wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 14:52 I know, but making a completely new map is always a big thing. And right now the developers are already busy on other projects. Sjoerd is building the Lausanne M2 map and Michiel is working on City of Thames. That's why a new map (let alone another dutch one) is pretty unlikely to come anytime soon.
yep it is