Lausanne Metro M2

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Lausanne Metro M2

Post by Sjoerd »

We're also going to need something to tow trains out of the workshop (no powerrail there...) ;) ;
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

A Mercedies-Benz Unimog! That'll be the first road vehicle to drive in MSB, it can be useful elsewhere :D
BaptBus

Post by BaptBus »

That is just... AMAZING ! :shock:
You've made such a beautiful work on this map, I'm really hyped to see it by myself on the simulator :D
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Well well... wasn't expecting to see anything resembling a road vehicle ever in MSB.

Maybe it's time to open a page for this game on the IGCD website :lol: :twisted:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It's still a railvehicle in the simulator (so the steering wheel is not functional); as you can see it does have small wheels to keep it on the track.
There is also an Unimog present on this track in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Fb3YQXErp1qthCjt7

There are no power-rails in the workshop, so for the simulator, the choise was to either define a dummy (invisible but functional) powersupply to those tracks (so you can drive back out without help), or add a shunting engine to the simulator. Google maps shows they have an Unimog, so I guess that's how they do it. So I went for the more realistic solution. ;)

An alternative way of doing it might be to have a long extension cord which you couple to the train in the workshop, long enough to supply power for the train to drive out, and then uncouple it again once the train comes in contact with the powerrails outside. But I could not find any information relating to this, so I guess the Unimog is the simpeler solution.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I know, I wasn't expecting the Unimog to be anything other than a funny, interesting piece of rolling stock.
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Very nice :D
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Wouldn't this also make cars possible by placing rails under the roads? :shock:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Technically, there is very little difference between a track section and a road section in the simulator ;)
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Sjoerd wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 21:20 Technically, there is very little difference between a track section and a road section in the simulator ;)
Ah yes indeed :mrgreen:
Attachments
5200Road1.jpg
5200Road1.jpg (460.57 KiB) Viewed 1520 times