Making addons

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Amaury59

Making addons

Post by Amaury59 »

Hi!
I love the game and would like to developp addons (like trains and maps). I tried reverse-ingeneering, but unfortunally, i did'nt found anything... Anything on Google too.
Can somebody help me? Thanks a lot :)

-From France
AlistairCowell

Re: Making addons

Post by AlistairCowell »

Metro Simulator Beta does not work the same way as what other types of train simulator. All trains and maps are inside .000 files which makes it somewhat more like integral. Attempting to crack the .000 file is very difficult. I've tried it once and ended up in failure to run the program!
I think it is a matter of speaking to Sjoerd or Michel to answer that question.

Also, only Sjoerd, Michel and very few others can have a Devkit program for building routes, people have asked for that in that past, but the answer every time is that they can't have that.

Like I said, Metro Simulator Beta is just an 'end-user' train simulator game, the same cannot be said for Train Sim World 2.
Amaury59

Post by Amaury59 »

Thanks you for your reply, i gess ill wait until Sjoerd or Michel can anwser me ;)
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

We can ensure you that our beloved devs will give you the same answer. Really, the only way you could get the devkit is if your resume peaks the interest of Michel.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

AlistairCowell wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 16:10 the same cannot be said for Train Sim World 2.
Train Sim World is also an end user simulator, a non-team person can't model an export a train into the game.