RailDetail - RET Metro Objects

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MG2

RailDetail - RET Metro Objects

Post by MG2 »

As you might have seen the next version of Rotterdam is up and it's Rotterdam 1982. I'm making track related objects such as stations, tunnels and viaducts for it. I also made most of the stations and all tunnels and viaducts for Rotterdam 1968 and these will be updated in the next version so the route will look more detailed. So Michiel does scenery like streets and buildings wile I do the stations, tunnels and viaducts. As I was preparing some of these for yesterdays live stream my PC crashed. Lost some important stuff. I did not lose Metro Simulator files, except for the most recent editions of a few stations for Rotterdam 1982 which means that I have to redo some parts of these stations from back ups. So again, a few of these stations were meant to be in the video yesterday which is why I decided to show them here anyway. I'm starting with Coolhaven station as this one was not affected by the crash.

luka23

Re: RailDetail - RET Metro Objects

Post by luka23 »

This is amazing! I always wish I could live one day in the early 80's and relive the late 90's, looks like this is gonna make it a little closer to reality :D
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

MG2 wrote: 11 May 2022, 13:57 As I was preparing some of these for yesterdays live stream my PC crashed. Lost some important stuff.
Maybe time for an upgrade on your PC? :D If your working with 3D stuff, the best solution is to have a high end CPU and GPU and a compatiable motherboard. And the RAM counts.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

MG2 wrote: 11 May 2022, 13:57 As you might have seen the next version of Rotterdam is up and it's Rotterdam 1982. I'm making track related objects such as stations, tunnels and viaducts for it. I also made most of the stations and all tunnels and viaducts for Rotterdam 1968 and these will be updated in the next version so the route will look more detailed. So Michiel does scenery like streets and buildings wile I do the stations, tunnels and viaducts. As I was preparing some of these for yesterdays live stream my PC crashed. Lost some important stuff. I did not lose Metro Simulator files, except for the most recent editions of a few stations for Rotterdam 1982 which means that I have to redo some parts of these stations from back ups. So again, a few of these stations were meant to be in the video yesterday which is why I decided to show them here anyway. I'm starting with Coolhaven station as this one was not affected by the crash.
Love your work, @MG2. ;)

Keep going!
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

MG2 wrote: 11 May 2022, 13:57
That's amazing! Can't wait to see these in the finished product :D
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

Id really like to see a network map, because I dont know what the rotterdam metro map looked like in 82
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

In 1982 you had 2 lines, one from North to south (Rotterdam Central station to Zalmplaat, currently part of metro line D) and one from east to west (Capelsebrug to Coolhaven, currently part of metro lines A, B and C)

Now that i think of it, was there even a map in 1982?
luka23

Post by luka23 »

This is the best I could find
brandon

Post by brandon »

Nice thé station RET Metro
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwDCsD-sCeA