NS SGM Sprinter

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

NS SGM Sprinter

Post by Sjoerd »

As I just stated (viewtopic.php?p=33064#p33064) in the topic "RailDetail - NS Mat '64 Development (QUEUED)", in reaction to a post by MG2, my next project is the NS SGM "Sprinter" train.

This type was developed for lines with short stations distances, so high acceleration and relatively low maximum speed (125 km/h). Especially on the Zoetermeer Stadslijn, where stations can be as little as 500 meters apart, this train was ment to provide a more metro-style service (just like the RER in Paris, and the S-Bahn concept in Germany).

I have the following variants already available or being created right now;

NS SGM-II classic NS livery:

NS SGM-III classic NS livery:

NS SGM-II "Citypendel" livery:
The Citypendel livery was used since 1997 on all 30 2-section SGM Sprinter trains, which were used on the Zoetermeer Stadslijn (The Hague Central - Zoetermeer city line, now the domain of the HTM Regiocitadis trams, as the line was converted to lightrail), the Hofpleinlijn (The Hague Central - Rotterdam Hofplein, now the domain of the RET SG3 metro's) and the Hoekselijn (Rotterdam Central station - Hoek van Holland, now also converted to lightrail with Rotterdam metro exploitation).
I am currently working on the interior for this one.

(Yes, I know... The blue back wall of the driver cabin... That's for the modernized version. I'll fix it in the others when I have the cab fully functional. ;) )

NS SGMm-II; The modernised version, as they ran until they were taken out of service, also known as "Vlaflip" livery, model has no seats yet:

NS SGMm-III (modernized version, 3-sections) not on the track yet, but components are ready for it.

The 2-section version, for the pre modernized version, has two sub-variants; trains 2001-2015 did not have a walkthrough connection between both sections. Trains 2021-2035 did have it. During the modernisation, the 2001-2015 also got the walkthrough connection.

Read more about it on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadsgewe ... _Materieel
Last edited by Sjoerd on 19 Jan 2022, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Re: NS SGM Sprinter

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Looking for good, @Sjoerd! :D

Can't wait to drive it on Rijndam and Simvliet Sprinter services.

Glad to see there was a big advance on the project.

Keep the good work! ;)
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
remy

Post by remy »

They look very nice. But where are the side mirrors?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Not sure yet if I'm going to do those... There are only 3 cab-animations available (keys Shift+X, Ctrl+X and Crtl+Shift+X), and I already need them for the internal and external cab doors. So I have no way to aditonally animate two mirrrors (or window wipers).
I could add the mirrors, but then they'll be static.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Man Sjoerd, was the train long overdue on your list or do you just have the motivation to add more Dutch rolling stock to the sim? The first pictures say it really doesn't look bad.
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
luka23

Post by luka23 »

Just when I thought we got rid of them IRL, they're back here :D
TreinspotterDeamyen

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

Sjoerd wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 14:48 As I just stated (viewtopic.php?p=33064#p33064) in the topic "RailDetail - NS Mat '64 Development (QUEUED)", in reaction to a post by MG2, my next project is the NS SGM "Sprinter" train.

This type was developed for lines with short stations distances, so high acceleration and relatively low maximum speed (125 km/h). Especially on the Zoetermeer Stadslijn, where stations can be as little as 500 meters apart, this train was ment to provide a more metro-style service (just like the RER in Paris, and the S-Bahn concept in Germany).

I have the following variants already available or being created right now;

NS SGM-II classic NS livery:

NS SGM-III classic NS livery:

NS SGM-II "Citypendel" livery:

The Citypendel livery was used since 1997 on all 30 2-section SGM Sprinter trains, which were used on the Zoetermeer Stadslijn (The Hague Central - Zoetermeer city line, now the domain of the HTM Regiocitadis trams, as the line was converted to lightrail), the Hofpleinlijn (The Hague Central - Rotterdam Hofplein, now the domain of the RET SG3 metro's) and the Hoekselijn (Rotterdam Central station - Hoek van Holland, now also converted to lightrail with Rotterdam metro exploitation).
I am currently working on the interior for this one.

(Yes, I know... The blue back wall of the driver cabin... That's for the modernized version. I'll fix it in the others when I have the cab fully functional. ;) )

NS SGMm-II; The modernised version, as they ran until they were taken out of service, also known as "Vlaflip" livery, model has no seats yet:

NS SGMm-III (modernized version, 3-sections) not on the track yet, but components are ready for it.

The 2-section version, for the pre modernized version, has two sub-variants; trains 2001-2015 did not have a walkthrough connection between both sections. Trains 2021-2035 did have it. During the modernisation, the 2001-2015 also got the walkthrough connection.

Read more about it on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadsgewe ... _Materieel
I love the SGMm i have here a Profile foto from SGMm 2990 on his last Day in Service
Last edited by TreinspotterDeamyen on 20 Jan 2022, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
TreinspotterDeamyen

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

I had Grow up with this train until the End of the Era SGMm
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

No need to quote the whole post, making 4 images appear twice in the same page
TreinspotterDeamyen