3.17 installer tried to restart my computer without my input

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

BlocklandRunner

3.17 installer tried to restart my computer without my input

Post by BlocklandRunner »

Just noticed an issue with the installer.
After the game was finished installing and the VS redistrobutables had finished updating, the installer tried to make windows restart on it's own in the background, around the same time as the "do you want to restart to complete installation?" options. does anybody have an idea why it tried restarting windows without user input?
tunneltrain96

Re: 3.17 installer tried to restart my computer without my input

Post by tunneltrain96 »

You should've received a windows administrator message before the restart, did you click no without noticing?
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

That shouldn't happen. "Make changes to your computer" should happen however. If it did attempt to fully restart your PC, that's worrying
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
zandoodle

Post by zandoodle »

My PC also restarted without warning after installing MSB
BlocklandRunner

You should've received a windows administrator message before the restart, did you click no without noticing?
I don't think i would've gotten that since i'm on windows 10 home. at the time the restart was forced, the installer was out of focus (i was reading a forum post right before)
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

It can happen that the dialog popped up right when you about to click something else or press enter and the dialog steals the focus, that did happen to me once or twice. Also not uncommon, starting a new program from the quick access icons and then pressing Alt+F4 to close whatever you are working on now, and of course at the very moment to hit F4 the newly started program pops up in front, and steals that Alt+F4 keystroke and closes itself :lol:
BlocklandRunner

That sounds likely.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I made the unwise choice to install 3.17 at the same time I was working with the free version of a software that doesn't let you save your progress (it's a 3D posing software for artistic purposes so I can at least save pictures of it) and when the PC restarted without my input I lost what I was doing. :x Luckily it was no big deal.