Hagenigen/Simvliet Duty Selector

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

tunneltrain96

Hagenigen/Simvliet Duty Selector

Post by tunneltrain96 »

Hey there, I just have a simple issue regarding the tutorial with the duty selector for Hagenigen.

I'm having trouble understanding what it mean by the "3-digit train number", since I don't think I've had to put in that info into the CVL before. I'm not sure if the other parts of the duty selector worked, since I didn't see anything change on the CVL.

I'm doing an explore mode route on line 16, and want to know how to do this correctly so I don't get stumped later.

Thanks for the help if anyone responds :)
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
perfecttrains1000

Re: Hagenigen/Simvliet Duty Selector

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Destination ... vliet_2020 Its actually is what you put in the CVL, first is the line/junction number from the functionality of it, next are the ID numbers which identify what train you are, as you are doing 16, it would be something along the lines of 621 in the format 6xx. In the CVL, on the lightrail, you would do the CVL as 8421## and on the duty you would do 842, the last digit normally denotes how many units your train/tram has. As the trams with the exception of Line 11 are single units, you would use 1, 2 for line 11.
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

The thing is, is that I don't see the train's number on the CVL map, so I'm not sure how to get that info. Also, I saw on the tutorial that it doesn't show the trip function being used, which I'm assuming is only for activities.

I've tried reading as much as I can but I'm never sure if anything works since I don't see any feedback.
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Trip thing is for the Activity system. And on the tram network, it doesn't show the CVL because its not CVL, its Line Of Sight for most of it except the Lightrail, There is no info to get from the CVL, it doesn't say your train/tram, if your in explore, its your service, you name it what you like as long as it follows the rules I stated in the first post.
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

I have updated the tutorial to show more clearly that you can put (almost) whatever number you want as a service number.

The Trip button is not used in Explore Mode, and in activities, the Duty Selector is pre-setup for you, so essentially you never use it. However, you can see how it works in the Readme file which came with the simulator :)