HTM Avenio

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: HTM Avenio

Post by Sjoerd »

Michiel wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 21:26 And there is the thing about AI being to scared to park a tram right in front of another one, so when the AI parks the trams in the depot there is room for fewer trams then when a skilled human driver parks them :D
Okay... How much room in between parked vehicles is needed, so that I can be sure the AI parks them back that way at the end of the day and it still fits?
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

This is how it looks with 23 HTM R-Net Avenio's, replacing almost all 12G trams expect for 3 on track 26, for line 14), and two tracks worth of TFS trams (for line 16)

However, I found a problem since making this screenshot... At the terminus "Bos" (lines 14 and 16), the Avenio (on AI control) stops too soon at the reversing stop, and therefore doesn't move back to the departure stops. Therefore, the R-Net Avenio can't be used on lines 14 and 16 (unless you drive it yourself).
But this can ofcourse be solved bij using Doha Avenio's, as they are one section shorter. Or just keep the 12G's on these lines.

Or should I add a (fictional) 3-section R-Net Avenio?
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 21:53 Or should I add a (fictional) 3-section R-Net Avenio?
Seperate spawnable carriages :lol:
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

Big brain solution: just make the reverse track at Bos a few meters longer and ship the entire Simvliet map again with the Avenio pack :idea: :D
Bonus points if you can fix that stupid bug with the traffic lights there as well :D
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

thijs773 wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 22:01 Big brain solution: just make the reverse track at Bos a few meters longer and ship the entire Simvliet map again with the Avenio pack :idea: :D
Bonus points if you can fix that stupid bug with the traffic lights there as well :D
I can't do that... That would require Michiel to re-release the route (and therefore, Metrosimulator 3.17), and I think he isn't going to do that. But it would mean these things can be solved as well;
RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 15:30 I have 2 issues to report, one of them minor. The tramstop sign at Calandlaan towards Noord and Bos its missing its name, that's the minor one. The Major one is at Bos. The traffic Signal towards the tram loop stays stuck on white.
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

I was joking a bit, but maybe we get a 3.17.1 later that fixes some things. There are more things broken such as some switches on the railways (not only the new ones) forcing you to go on ATB break while you pass on them, and after passing giving you a speed signal again.
That's the issue with having Simvliet shipped with the sim itself I guess.

Making a 3 part Avenio seems the best option, it also fixes the problem of not being able to fit them in the depot.
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
TreinspotterDeamyen

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

[Removed Messige]
Last edited by TreinspotterDeamyen on 05 Jan 2022, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

It's recommended to not quote images, as it clutters up the page, make sure to check over your reply and remove the images from it.
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 21:53 Or should I add a (fictional) 3-section R-Net Avenio?
yes then the problem would be solved in Bos for too long
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Personally I like shorter trams because they allow for a more frequent service as well. In Rotterdam when they switched from the 23m ZGT trams to the 30m Citadis trams, on several lines the frequency was lowered. Now we have (or had, before COVID) a very boring 6 trams per hour timetable from 7:00 to 19:00 on the regular (non-TramPlus) lines where there used to be 8 to 10 trams per hours depending on the time of day on some lines.