[WIP] Paris RATP MF77 metro

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

perfecttrains1000

Re: [WIP] Paris RATP MF77 metro

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 17:41
Metro Simulator is about metropolitan rapid transit systems worldwide. It's not exclusive to Rotterdam. Rotterdam was just used as the demonstrator chassis due to our devs' origins.
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

brozma wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 20:02
Warning: BOA 001 and Regular MF77 don't have a door protection, so if you are standing still with the door opened, don't send the controller above 0.00, or the train will start moving! This doesn't apply to the L13 version of MF77. L13 version of MF77 has door protection and won't move if you set the controller above 0.00 and doors are opened.
IDFM-livery MF77 IRL have it too (haven't tested in sim). It's called K.AS.TR (Commutateur* d'Asservissement Traction, french for "Traction Control Switch")

*C is already used for Command
brozma

Post by brozma »

HOY3 wrote: 21 Jul 2023, 11:40 IDFM-livery MF77 IRL have it too (haven't tested in sim). It's called K.AS.TR (Commutateur* d'Asservissement Traction, french for "Traction Control Switch")

*C is already used for Command
I am not actually sure, what do you mean by the "IDFM-livery MF77," but if you meant the "regular" MF77, then that one doesn't have the door protection in Metrosim. I tested it myself by stopping, opening the doors and then setting controller above 0.00. And "regular" MF77 started accelerating right-away. I had to hit EB to stop quickly, because driving with opened doors is a big no can do for me, unless I have absolutely no choice of course.

And if you talk about door protection, most of the trains in Metrosim have door protection. You can recognize it easily. Just open the doors and set controller above 0.00. If the train stands still, it has door protection. Although you can disable the door protection by pressing "Ctrl + Shift + D," I only recommend to do it, if you have absolutely no choice.

And if you wanna have a example of a non-French train with door protection. Let's use 81-717, since it's in Metrosim, it was used in Prague metro and I know from Metrostroi, how it's door protection works.

On 81-717, the door protection is either called in Russian "Контроль закрити двери" ("Kontroľ zakriti dvyeri" "Checking for closed doors") or in Czech "Blokování rozjezdu při otevřených dveřích" ("Blocking of departure with opened doors")
The door protection consists of a relay connected in series with the driving controller and a bunch of sensors, which check the status of the doors. If all doors are closed, the relay is energized (switched on), connecting the controller to driving circuitry, and allowing the train to move.
If all doors (or some of them) are opened on each side of the 81-717, the relay is de-energized (switched off), disconnecting controller from driving circuitry, thus preventing the train from moving. The driver can see the status of the doors on his/her dashboard. There are indicators, which are lit, if the doors are closed, and unlit, if the doors are opened.
If the driver moves the controller, when the doors are opened. The train detects the movement of the controller, but since the controller is disconnected from the driving circuitry, the train won't move.
Of course there's a switch on the dashboard, which allows to disable the door protection, by bypassing the relay. This is usually used, if the door protection malfunctions somehow. This switch is usually held in "off" position by the seal, and the driver has to break the seal in order to flip the switch (The driver is forbidden to do break the seal without permission from the dispatcher).

Also IRL, driving with opened doors is extremely risky, because somebody inside the train can lose balance during ride and fall out of the train, leading to serious injuries and/or death. I ain't kidding. There were cases on Czech railways, when some people inside the older train cars opened the door (either deliberately or by accident), lost balance and fell out of the train. Sadly most of the people unfortunate enough to fall out of the train didn't survive their fallout, considering the fact, most express trains in Czechia goes around 140 km/h (88 mph) or 160 km/h (100 mph).

So in Metrosim, if you wanna drive a train without door protection, double check, if all doors are closed, then depart from station. Only move with opened doors, if you have absolutely no choice.
And if you are driving a train with door protection, only disable the door protection, if you have absolutely no choice.

Also IDK, how exactly is driving with opened doors and/or driving with disabled door protection managed in Paris metro IRL, but in Prague metro, it is completely forbidden to drive with opened doors and/or disabled door protection, while passengers are still inside the train. If the doors or door protection malfunctions during duty, the metro train with said malfunction is immediately taken out of service and taken to depot for fixing.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

The "IDFM-livery" in my post refers to the "2020" version of the MF77 (IDFM is the transport authority in Paris).
MF77 is (IRL) available in 3 versions:
- green one (2007 in sim): no door protection
- green one refurbished (2007 L13 in sim): door protection
- blue one (refurbishement of first one): door protection

Older trains don't have train protection, younger trains have (to be simple) in Paris
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

How the scrollsign works? I tried to send a MF77 to Westport (MLW - WSP) and the scrollsign "1-WSP" or "WSP" programmed on the CTD file isn't working on it