Train suggestion

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Michiel
Site Admin

Re: Train suggestion

Post by Michiel »

Number of polygons doesn't say much, it's about how everything fits together. If you have high poly locomotive but with lower poly carriages for example, in the end it might still be okay. But if you have a short tram, you will need to be able to spawn like a hundred of them. Hageningen tram depot fits like 50 trams when you have 25~35 meter trams, if you want to use 15~20 meter non-articulated trams that can become quite heavy.
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Michiel wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 13:44 Number of polygons doesn't say much, it's about how everything fits together. If you have high poly locomotive but with lower poly carriages for example, in the end it might still be okay. But if you have a short tram, you will need to be able to spawn like a hundred of them. Hageningen tram depot fits like 50 trams when you have 25~35 meter trams, if you want to use 15~20 meter non-articulated trams that can become quite heavy.
I just looked at my dream tram and had to find out it is 30 meters long with a joint and is it too long for the simulator? 🤔 Thanks also to the explanation of how everything is structured, even if I am a layman and have understood almost nothing how to install such vehicles in the sim.
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Leipzig_LP wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 15:26 I just looked at my dream tram and had to find out it is 30 meters long with a joint and is it too long for the simulator? 🤔
No it's not; the Citadis 402 trams I deed to the simulator (Grenoble, Lyon, Paris and Tours; https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Citadis_Trams) are 45 meters long. ;)
Michiel's point is that if you have a model that has lots op polygons, it can become heavy to handle for your computer if you all have them in the depot, close together, as they must all be rendered at the same time.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Exactly, if you are comparing number of polygons it's probably better to divide it by the length of the tram, then you have a better comparison. But also keep in mind that many models posted here lack interiors, so the poly count will increase.
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 16:03
Leipzig_LP wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 15:26 I just looked at my dream tram and had to find out it is 30 meters long with a joint and is it too long for the simulator? 🤔
No it's not; the Citadis 402 trams I deed to the simulator (Grenoble, Lyon, Paris and Tours; https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Citadis_Trams) are 45 meters long. ;)
Michiel's point is that if you have a model that has lots op polygons, it can become heavy to handle for your computer if you all have them in the depot, close together, as they must all be rendered at the same time.
Oh, you meant that, yes, you're right.
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Trololo

Post by Trololo »

perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

It's just a cylinder on my screen
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
Trololo

Post by Trololo »

Exactly !
Trololo

Post by Trololo »

Actually, I was just making fun of people that keeps posting these "train requests" despite the fact that the devs said it's poitless.
brandon

Post by brandon »

MG2 wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 13:41 I did download that model and still have it
Thé Tram by Russie 🇷🇺