Amsterdam 11G / 12G

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Amsterdam 11G / 12G

Post by Sjoerd »

Now that the TFS tram has been released, time to tell you about my next project, which has been running alongside the TFS for some time now; the Amsterdam 11G and 12G trams (with the low-floor middle carriage). These trams have been in service since 1990, and have recently been withdrawn (replaced by what Amsterdam calls the 15G, which is an Urbos100 tram from CAF).
The outside of the tram is an object from 3D warehouse by Trainboy2004. The inside is all new by me.

For the simulator, I am creating both the 11G (bi-directional) and 12G (unidirectional) variants, and I plan to do so both in the original livery (as shown in the screenshot) and the modernized livery.

Now here is something I would like to ask you for some help; I have some pictures of this old livery in a book from 1996, and the floorplans for both tram types (11G and 12G). But I can't find pictures of this livery of the tram on the internet. And what I was looking for especially; pictures of the inside from back then; what was the seat upholstry like? Does anybody have pictures? And even better; a texture file I can use?
If this can not be found for this tram, I will use (like I do now) the modernized seat upholstry:

Also, I would like to ask for your input on the cab. The only images I have are from this video, which incudes a walkthrough of a 12G tram: https://youtu.be/g3UwajnjZmw?t=242

As you can see; the labels for each control are not sharp enough to read (and the creator of the video moves past it far to quickly). Can anyone provide me with pictures of the control panel, or maybe a drivers instruction manual with drawings of it, so I can see which control is for what function?
If not, I'll just draw some inspiration from the The Hague HTM GTL8 tram, on which the 11G / 12G trams are based, even though the control panel is a bit different, and devide functions (like door control, direction indicators, and so on) over the controls. (And before you ask; no, not planning the GTL8 at this moment, but never say never.)

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
RSG3

Re: Amsterdam 11G / 12G

Post by RSG3 »

Oh nice! You really have a lot of time, huh? :lol:

About the seats, I looked at some old pictures and it seems like the seats are red. I will update this if i find more pictures.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I'm in a 3 week vacation.... And as the current situation means I won't be traveling this year.... ;)
Transrapid1

Post by Transrapid1 »

Will it be repaintable? (Just because I love repainting trains xD)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I'll considder it, after I have made both liveries these trams have used in service. But it's a lot of work (with the TFS it took me 6 hours to get it right), so if I do that, it will probably only be for the 11G.
Transrapid1

Post by Transrapid1 »

Sjoerd wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 15:26 I'll considder it, after I have made both liveries these trams have used in service. But it's a lot of work (with the TFS it took me 6 hours to get it right), so if I do that, it will probably only be for the 11G.
Wow never thought this would take so long...
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The normal liveries are just made with a 512x512 texture file with a palet of colors on it, each color for example 50x50 pixels. And then we just allocate it like "this area on the tram uses this color". So the TFS tram pretty much just uses one texture file for the main colorscheme of (nearly) all variants.
To make it repaintable, I pretty much have to make a side view drawing of the complete vehicle, and then re-texture the whole thing with it. And also make separate doorsets...; most TFS trams only have one doorset, repeated 4 times per side. But the repaintable one needed 4 separate door sets to be created, as each one needed to have it's own paint scheme on it to make that modern Grenoble livery possible.
Savage Kid

Post by Savage Kid »

Wait what about metro S1/S2 version
Trainzdriver328

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

I don't think there is a model of that which looks almost like the Metro in RL
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have just been provided with a good picture of the cab controls via Facebook.... That means I can now continue working on this tram :)