City of Thames map

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

NJTFAN1235!

Re: City of Thames map

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

AlistairCowell wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 00:45 I hint the Grey Line running between Ealing Central and Oxford Circus, with the line separating to become Queens Cross and Piccadilly Square branches at Queens Court.

Another hint would be the London Overground running from Wilford Junction through to Ealing Central, and a National Rail between Ealing Central and GWR Station. Tramlink would be at my guess to run from Beckton Junction to Northbury Town and North Redfield.

Did nobody mentioned Waterloo & City inspired line yet (the Tourquose Line), operating between a Financial District and Main Line Railway station?
He said Overground services will be available at GWR & Oxford Cross.... So, i don't think there's a National Rail...
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

What are you talking about? Of course there will be National Rail, but that's not shown on the map. Take a look for example at Ealing Central. The first 5 Platforms are for CTU (City of Thames Underground), while the other tracks are National Rail platforms. And it's not Oxford Cross, it's Queens Cross.
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 10:22 What are you talking about? Of course there will be National Rail, but that's not shown on the map. Take a look for example at Ealing Central. The first 5 Platforms are for CTU (City of Thames Underground), while the other tracks are National Rail platforms. And it's not Oxford Cross, it's Queens Cross.
Ok, im getting lost here, 5 platforms? Im kinda confused, how do you even know there's a National Rail service foreshadowing?
RotterdamMetroLover

Take a look around the infrastructure around the station. From Platform 6 they have overhead wires. While Platform 1 thru 5 are powered by 3rd and 4th rail.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

And on approaching GWR Station you can actually see the main line station building above you, which is obviously way larger than it would be for just the Overground.
RotterdamMetroLover

Looking back at Ealing Central I saw that platform 1 thru 3 have 3 aspect signals whilst platforms 4 and 5 have 2 aspect signals. My guess is that the some overground services share the same track as the Grey Line between Ealing Central and an unknown station. I could be wrong.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Yes you are wrong :P Those are red-white-green aspect signals like on the Central Line.
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Ok, it's kinda getting even more confusing for me...... the Overground, National Rail, too many problems that even i couldn't keep track of services....... i get that Purple Line & Blue Line will both join the gang of Thames, with new places to explore for us to see, new aspects we will find, more express and local action, but National Rail? I am at severe loss of words...........
nico94

Post by nico94 »

So say nothing !
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

nico94 wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 04:27 So say nothing !
Exactly!