City of Thames map

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

nico94

City of Thames map

Post by nico94 »

Hi !

First, thank you for the developpers of the game, this is a great job. I love the new London inspired map. I'm interested by the London network which is unique in the world, I love maps also. So yesterday, I worked on a London style map for the network of the game just for fun. I share you the result ;)

I also added the different services of the actual network.

Jim2016

Re: City of Thames map

Post by Jim2016 »

Looks great! Hopefully it works out with the other 3 tube lines + extensions + tram + overground when those are out :)
TS_Trainspotter

Post by TS_Trainspotter »

These are the traces of other lines I found on the maps published on the forums and on the green line map at Elmford (if I remember correctly):
- Yellow line goes on after Oxford Cross, and does somehow make its way to Queens Cross
- Purple line, same as yellow. GWR to Oxford Cross and than it reaches Queens Cross
- Grey line departs Ealing Central, diverges to the left then leaving the station. It does also stop at Aldgate and Queens Cross
- Blue line stops at Central Square and Willford Junction, but has no shared path with other lines at the moment
- Tram line departs Beckton Junction, reaches Bircbeck Cross and goes on
- Overground:
- Departs Ealing Central heading left, the line also goes towards Beckton Junction but does not reach that station
- Departs Ealing Central in the other direction (coming in from Ealing East and going straight on)
- Uses green line tracks between Simpleton and Southwick park, heads on after both stations
- Uses red line tracks between Palace Garden and Willford Junction, heads on after both stations

Has anybody found some other information?
(disclaimer: none of these information is 100% sure, content is still in development and I may have committed some mistakes)
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

nico94 wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 11:54 Hi !

First, thank you for the developpers of the game, this is a great job. I love the new London inspired map. I'm interested by the London network which is unique in the world, I love maps also. So yesterday, I worked on a London style map for the network of the game just for fun. I share you the result ;)

I also added the different services of the actual network.

https://zupimages.net/up/21/01/o74h.jpg
You have made a nice map :)
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

This map is very close to those in real-life London, I could see evidence of route extensions already, but that is for later on.

I'd agree that London Underground is unique in having its tube loading gauge and it's 4 rail system, there's no metro other
systems in the world quite like it, though Glasgow Subway has a similar loading gauge.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

TS_Trainspotter wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 16:10 Has anybody found some other information?
(disclaimer: none of these information is 100% sure, content is still in development and I may have committed some mistakes)
Well, aside from a few maps in the game, some hints and the dot matrix displays’ textures (which you’re probably referring to) I don’t think there’s something else
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

That.
Looks.
AWESOME!
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

TS_Trainspotter wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 16:10Has anybody found some other information?
I found a whole folder with information on my computer, like possible timetables of future lines :o
https://sim.bemined.nl/LUISpoiler1.jpg
https://sim.bemined.nl/LUISpoiler2.jpg
nico94

Post by nico94 »

Thank you all :)
Jim2016 wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 13:27 Looks great! Hopefully it works out with the other 3 tube lines + extensions + tram + overground when those are out :)
I think I can adapt the map with the new extensions when they will arrive. This are not difficulties to modifie the traces of the lines and to move the stations.

I have just anticipated the Yellow line extension at Queens Cross ans the Blue line at BWR Station and Central Square on my map, with the big space between the stations in the Red line.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

So are you aiming at a purely schematic map or do you try to resemble the actual scale of the city? The official London tube map is of course very schematic, causing some stations to appear much further apart than they actually are. In the official City of Thames map used on the wiki I tried to use the actual scale of the city as reference, so with Barlow Heights being all the way on top by itself.

If you go for schematic the overground will be tricky as it will go all the way around the city in a huge loop. Though that probably won't be finished before 3.18 so you'll have plenty of time to draw it.