Metro Simulator using as much ram with Chrome with 64+ tabs, and using more power than normal

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

BlocklandRunner

Metro Simulator using as much ram with Chrome with 64+ tabs, and using more power than normal

Post by BlocklandRunner »

I just recently moved to a newer PC, but i retained the old HDD from my old PC, and sent the old PC off to another person.
i was still expecting Metro Simulator to work, but after downloading the new addon packs, then launching the game, and getting into explore mode,
i found out that it wasn't working properly, Heres a summary:
-High RAM usage, like Chrome with 64+ Tabs :?
-High Disk and Power usage, power usage was labeled as "Moderate" in task manager in the menu, but in gameplay, it was relabed to "Very High" :o

so, is there any help i can get, or can i not play this game anymore? :?:
MP 85

Re: Metro Simulator using as much ram with Chrome with 64+ tabs, and using more power than normal

Post by MP 85 »

Can you give us your pc specifications ?
You use a lot of programs in the background ?
Does the simulator only display a gray screen, or does it crash ?
BlocklandRunner

Re: Metro Simulator using as much ram with Chrome with 64+ tabs, and using more power than normal

MP 85 wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 16:24 Can you give us your pc specifications ?
You use a lot of programs in the background ?
Does the simulator only display a gray screen, or does it crash ?
Roughly its a:
AMD Ryzen 3
AMD Vega 8 Graphics
8GBs of ram, planning to double my ram sometime

and yes, i do have programs open in the background, which includes:
Malwarebytes
Google Chrome
Windows File Explorer
Steam™️
VLC Media Player
and
Volume Mixer

and the simulator actually goes to the menu, without crashing, but going into the game (by going into a scenario or explore mode),
FPS drops by... alot. and the game leaks so much memory.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

BlocklandRunner wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 17:36
AMD Vega 8 Graphics
I think the problem comes from your AMD graphic card, these graphic cards have always caused problems to the graphic operation of the simulator (disappearance of visual objects, grey screen, etc..), because the graphic engine of the simulator is not compatible with AMD graphic cards, unfortunately this problem is known and cannot be fixed for the moment.
BlocklandRunner

MP 85 wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 19:25
BlocklandRunner wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 17:36
AMD Vega 8 Graphics
I think the problem comes from your AMD graphic card, these graphic cards have always caused problems to the graphic operation of the simulator (disappearance of visual objects, grey screen, etc..), because the graphic engine of the simulator is not compatible with AMD graphic cards, unfortunately this problem is known and cannot be fixed for the moment.
hmm, thats weird, in my old PC, Radeon R7 worked totally fine for the game.
oh well, guess ill just play more of OpenBVE...