Moderator: senjer

DT3-LZB

Re: WIP: MVG Class A

Post by DT3-LZB »

No. However, other things are happening at Waggonbau Hamburg:

MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

You trying to convert it to a B class? :)

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
loris

Post by loris »

Perhaps it possible because there's not many difference with the Baureihe A and the Baureihe B exepte the face...

Baureihe A

Baureihe B
I don't understand i don't speak French :lol:

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC406ek ... ivT7yqE4KQ
DT3-LZB

Post by DT3-LZB »

There are actually, but those are minor details. The hardest part is indeed the front. Oh and the cab as well, it's completely different to the A cab.

This is what it looks like as of today:

To anyone curious, this is what they sound like. They have induction motors, making them distinguishable from the A cars by the characteristic humming noise heard when the train stops and departs.

Just as the class A, the class B can also be found in Nuremberg. However, in that case only the car body is the same, the technical parts and the interior are derived from the Berlin class 480. Fun fact: When the BVG took over the S-Bahn in West Berlin 1984 they actually thought of ordering class B cars to run them on S-Bahn routes before they opted for the 480 - so we actually complete the circle here.
Alexander L.

Re: WIP: MVG Class A + B

Post by Alexander L. »

Am I seeing the "simulator" in the MVG Museum in the window pane? :D

Nice to see you're building the Baureihe B aswell!
DT3-LZB

Post by DT3-LZB »

Yep. The only good picture that shows the train the way I wanted was taken at the museum. For some reason there are incredibly few hq photographs of the B cars.
brozma

Post by brozma »

DT3-LZB wrote: 02 Jun 2019, 11:00
To anyone curious, this is what they sound like. They have induction motors, making them distinguishable from the A cars by the characteristic humming noise heard when the train stops and departs.
Well, as I thought, the MVG Type B sound a bit different, than MVG Type A (MVG Type A sounds like a spun up blender at high speed or like a Lockheed L-188 Electra with idling engines at low speed)

TBH MVG Type B sounds like mix between SG2 and 81-717 when departing. Also on the background of the video, there was a train which made a high pitched wheezing, similiar to 81-717M train when it stops or departs.

If you have no clue what do I mean by that "high pitched wheezing", just watch this video of 81-717M stopping and departing from Rajská zahrada station on B line and pay attention to sounds during approaching and departing of the train.

Note: This is not the usual livery of this train, this one has this livery because it is protoype and was first of the previous 81-717 train to be reconstructed to 87-717M. The other ones has silver and white livery with red strip.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
DT3-LZB

Post by DT3-LZB »

Does this train have an induction propulsion? I'm asking because especially when departing, it more reminds me of a common axle-hung propulsion, much like this one.
brozma

Post by brozma »

DT3-LZB wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 20:36 Does this train have an induction propulsion? I'm asking because especially when departing, it more reminds me of a common axle-hung propulsion, much like this one.
Umm... I don't know, if you mean MVG Class B or 81-717M in my video.
For MVG class B: I don't know, maybe they do.
Form 81-717M: No they don't. 81-717M is technically a reconstructed 81-717 and AFAIK both trains (81-717 and 81-717M) uses "brushless DC motors" and both run on 750V DC power.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
DT3-LZB

Post by DT3-LZB »

No, I mean the 81-717M. As stated above, the class B has an induction propulsion. Thus the sound might be similar, but what‘s under the hood is entirely different.