Glasgow

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Nicolas

Re: Glasgow

Post by Nicolas »

I tried to promote the MS version of the route in the DTG forums for those who want an idea of how the route is. I hope that serves me as a redemption for doing "rival advertising" here.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Going back to the Metro Sim version, I wanted to ask something. The Gen 3 trains seemed to have lost their headlight and taillight glare in some update, I don't recall when. I remember the modern trains had lighting glare when they were released (this was even shown in the teaser Sjoerd made) but now driving them on completely dark tunnels is unpleasant, to put it in a way.

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It has been a while since I last looked on the forum... I have been on vacation this past week, and this time I had no opportunity to use my computer other then check some emails. ;)
alexandru987 wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 20:21 Metro Sim is far from the perfect game, but for what it is, i think its really good, and its 100% free, and its clear that Sjoerd in particular has passion for his projects, always trying to improve all his maps. If you remember the first Glasgow map that didnt get released with the Rotterdam trains used to act as the glasgow trains, yeah it wasnt very good, but as soon as we got the Piccadilly 1973 stock, Sjoerd went above and beyond to completely redo the map to make it better. And then even more recently when the actual Glasgow trains were made, he completely redid the map again, and included the Gen 3 trains as a bonus. No one asked him to do that, but he did it because he wanted to, and give it to people for free.
Thanks! :mrgreen:
Nicolas wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 20:32 Going back to the Metro Sim version, I wanted to ask something. The Gen 3 trains seemed to have lost their headlight and taillight glare in some update, I don't recall when. I remember the modern trains had lighting glare when they were released (this was even shown in the teaser Sjoerd made) but now driving them on completely dark tunnels is unpleasant, to put it in a way.
Hmm... I just tried it and I see the problem. I'll have to look into it, as I can't seem to find the source of the problem right now. So in the mean time... just don't turn off the tunnel lights for now...
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have found the source of the problem and managed to fix it. I think I'll need a few more days before I upload it, as I won't have time today to make a new download package out of it, which I also need to test before uploading. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 12:10 I have found the source of the problem and managed to fix it. I think I'll need a few more days before I upload it, as I won't have time today to make a new download package out of it, which I also need to test before uploading. ;)
I don't wanna bother you, but this also applies to Paris MF67/MP73. When I am in tunnel on any map and driving these two trains, I can't see where I am going. For Convoi D'Auteuil, I have to press Ctrl + Shift + X to see something.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

brozma wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 09:19 I don't wanna bother you, but this also applies to Paris MF67/MP73. When I am in tunnel on any map and driving these two trains, I can't see where I am going. For Convoi D'Auteuil, I have to press Ctrl + Shift + X to see something.
That was a delibarate call. On those trains, the white/red lights are only for visibility from others, not to see better in the tunnels.
The light set that can be activated on the Convoi D'Auteuil is a specific set that can be mounted for special services, not used in passenger services.
PacerLover23

Post by PacerLover23 »

[/quote]

That was a delibarate call. On those trains, the white/red lights are only for visibility from others, not to see better in the tunnels.
The light set that can be activated on the Convoi D'Auteuil is a specific set that can be mounted for special services, not used in passenger services.
[/quote]

Its also because (Well assume with some knowledge) the fact that tunnel lights on the metro are kept on permanently, I believe the last stock with more standard headlights was the 1936 batch of Sprague motor cars which had removeable lamps (Not too strange on a metro/underground system as LT were still using paraffin tail lamps into the 70s so that if a unit lost power the tail lamp would stay illuminated).
Anyways my useless information is completely off topic for a forum page about the glasgow subway
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

So umm, that TS glasgow map got released. I think the map looks really strange. All the stations look really yellow for some reason, and they also look extremely dated. Very backwards.
PacerLover23

Post by PacerLover23 »

In my opinion It looks all right for its 1980's condition post refurbishment. I've seen a lot worse
brozma

Post by brozma »

HexxOP wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 12:13 That was a delibarate call. On those trains, the white/red lights are only for visibility from others, not to see better in the tunnels.
So, you wanna say, that's not a glitch, but it's intended to be like this? Well, that's bull[expletive censored]! :x How am I supposed to see speed limit signs in tunnel on City of Thames map, when I am driving Paris MF67/MP73, headlights on those trains don't illuminate the tunnel and I can't see, where I am going? HOW? :evil:
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English