Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

brozma

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by brozma »

thijs773 wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 21:59 Fun story :D There are just 2 I'm asking myself, how did this metro pass through the PVR checks, so the tram was able to not damage the tram stops, and how did this thing pass through the very tight curves between CS and Megamall? The KTM CL already kinda breaks apart there if you look at the curve points :D
Uhhh... Yeah, I had a tough time passing through section between Hagenigen CS and Megamall, but I did it. and PVR checks... what do you mean by that? If you mean I could hurt someone by those 3rd rail shoes? Then nah. They were lowered and disabled, so if someone touched them, nothing will happen.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

PVR (Profiel vrije ruimte) basically is an area that needs to be clear, usually a few centimeters, to avoid hitting platforms and such. Since the metro is bigger that the trams, it likely violates the PVR wich means the CVL operators were likely drunk when they allowed you to enter the tram tracks.
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Well, I think more dangerously is the road section, the sg2 brakes arent as sudden as the tram brakes, it does however have indicators so it would be fine in that respect, also, how did you get patched through the tram sections, did you have a pluggable duty system into the metro?
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

perfecttrains1000 wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 22:20 also, how did you get patched through the tram sections, did you have a pluggable duty system into the metro?
The switches at Hageningen Centraal between tram and metro are obviously CVL controlled... And on the tram network, you can always set the swicthes manually by going out and using a switch-iron ("Wisselijzer"... Is there an English name for it? I just translated it litterally) :D ; https://www.flickr.com/photos/29433891@N03/36026831656/
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

I stand corrected, would be a very awkward and slow journey round to the depot
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
brozma

Post by brozma »

thijs773 wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 22:14 PVR (Profiel vrije ruimte) basically is an area that needs to be clear, usually a few centimeters, to avoid hitting platforms and such. Since the metro is bigger that the trams, it likely violates the PVR wich means the CVL operators were likely drunk when they allowed you to enter the tram tracks.
No. That was already settled between Michiel and Hagenigen transport company, so I had permission to enter. But I gotta admit, when I was passing through tight curves, I always set accelerator into "R mode" and carefully passed through. Also technical note, in metrosim, I noticed, that SG2 was clipping through some overhead wire poles in some curves, but I ignored it.
perfecttrains1000 wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 22:20 Well, I think more dangerously is the road section, the sg2 brakes arent as sudden as the tram brakes, it does however have indicators so it would be fine in that respect, also, how did you get patched through the tram sections, did you have a pluggable duty system into the metro?
Did you forget, that SG2 has track brakes aswell? If I hit EB with panto lifted up, they activate automatically. And the duty sytem couldn't be used, because SG2 isn't suited for this at all. On junctions where the arrow shows you direction, when you approach it, I had to stop here and check, if the switch was set correctly. If it wasn't, I went out and flipped it manually. Then carefully passed the junction. On juntions where CVL could intervene, I just called CVL and asked them to set route for me. They did it and I just passed through.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 22:25 on the tram network, you can always set the swicthes manually by going out and using a switch-iron ("Wisselijzer"... Is there an English name for it? I just translated it litterally) :D ; https://www.flickr.com/photos/29433891@N03/36026831656/
I think this could be translated as "switching rod." Literally translated from czech (in czech, it's called "přehazovací tyč"). Also that driver in the picture seems to have tough time flipping the switch. Either that switch is pretty stiff or it's jammed.
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

To be honest, I always thought the SG2 looked like some sort of LRV, but this just makes all the more like it. Interesting movement that I might try and re-make.
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

brozma wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 21:53 SG2 in Hagenigen tram network.jpg
but I was also lucky, that I didn't meet any police car on my way, or they would pull me over and asked me, what is the meaning of this.
Isn't the SG2 street legal? Apart from having no rearview mirrors or cameras, it has turning signals.
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes; officially the "sneltram" sections on the Rotterdam metro system count as street running, and therefore turning signals and breaking lights are required.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D