Epping-Ongar Railway

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Do you want to be able to run tube trains on the line to Ongar again?

Yes, from Epping to Ongar, so occiasional tube trains, or 'full-tube-service' are possibilities.
83%
Yes, but only halfway; no further then North Weald.
4%
No, I'd rather have it un-electrified as is exists in reality.
13%

Total votes: 96

iamhankhamTS

Re: Epping-Ongar Railway

Post by iamhankhamTS »

PetttRocket wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 22:03 how much of the Central line will be in the map
Remind me, what is the name of this route? :lol: :lol:
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Did you read the announcement? ;)
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

Michiel wrote: 01 May 2020, 08:38 Did you read the announcement? ;)
Yes
I read it one minute ago 🙃
Hi
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

I was talking to iamhankhamTS ;)
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Michiel wrote: 01 May 2020, 09:33 I was talking to iamhankhamTS ;)
Yes, don't worry, I have :lol:
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Then you should have read this part:
Sjoerd wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 18:00And as the line still connects to the London Underground at Epping, there is the potential to extend the simulation with a few stations of the Central line.
So yeah, part of the central line might be in the route, but how much is up to Sjoerd (and depending on the time available, it might be available straight away or as an update later). But keep in mind that the Central Line is a very long line with many kilometers of track, and recreating scenery based on a real route takes a lot of time, so don't expect too much here.
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Michiel wrote: 01 May 2020, 10:32 Then you should have read this part:
Sjoerd wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 18:00And as the line still connects to the London Underground at Epping, there is the potential to extend the simulation with a few stations of the Central line.
So yeah, part of the central line might be in the route, but how much is up to Sjoerd (and depending on the time available, it might be available straight away or as an update later). But keep in mind that the Central Line is a very long line with many kilometers of track, and recreating scenery based on a real route takes a lot of time, so don't expect too much here.
Aye! The whole Central line + Ongar would be more than 50 miles if you included the Hainault loop and both western branches :o
I wouldn't expect the entire line. That's sooooo much to do
Domi2005

Post by Domi2005 »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 01 May 2020, 11:02 Aye! The whole Central line + Ongar would be more than 50 miles if you included the Hainault loop and both western branches :o
I wouldn't expect the entire line. That's sooooo much to do
Well, it depends on when 3.16 will be released. If 3.16 is far from being released, then Sjoerd would have way too much free time. :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Well, you have see what time can do.... If you compare Rijndam 2022 v1.4 with..... Remember Rijndam 2016? :D
Or Toronto; I originally only intended to do line 509 "Harbourfront". But as the new release at the time took much longer then expected, I did line 510 "Spadina" too. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Epping to Ongar Line was operated by 1962 Tube Stock, then from 1986 it was operated by 1960 Tube Stock until
it closed as LU service in 1994.

The 1962TS is similar to 1938TS except the front is different. Info here:
https://www.squarewheels.org.uk/rly/sto ... tubeStock/

The 1960TS was built by Cravens, only 12 motor cars were built. The trains originally worked with refurbished
Standard Stock trailers, but by 1983 they were replaced by refurbished 1938TS trailers. Info here:
https://www.squarewheels.org.uk/rly/sto ... tubeStock/