CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brits37

Re: HTM Regiocitadis

Post by brits37 »

Very nice, good job
brozma

Post by brozma »

My my! Another tram. And judging by it's design and name, I bet this one could finally compete against KTM Citylink for being the fastest tram in Metrosim. Now i wonder about these things:
1st: What's the maximum speed of Regiocitadis? Something tells me, these trams can compete against KTM Citylink in maximum speed.
̶2̶n̶d̶:̶ ̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶R̶e̶g̶i̶o̶c̶i̶t̶a̶d̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶m̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶u̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶i̶c̶e̶?̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶H̶a̶g̶e̶n̶i̶g̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶Z̶o̶u̶t̶p̶l̶a̶s̶.̶ (Nevermind that 2nd question. I saw 2 Regiocitadis trams coupled into pair in the screenshot from behavior test. So I guess it can be done).
Anyway. Looks like the progress is going very well and really fast. Keep it up! I can't wait to drive it!
Last edited by brozma on 04 Oct 2023, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

they can actually be coupled together, which used to happen (or still happens) every now and then. in terms of speed, i believe they go up to 80km/h.
brozma

Post by brozma »

RSG3 wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 17:14 they can actually be coupled together, which used to happen (or still happens) every now and then. in terms of speed, i believe they go up to 80km/h.
Well I already crossed out the 2nd question since I saw a pair of Regiocitadis trams coupled together in the screenshot from behavior test. But I know very well, you wrote this, before I edited my post.
And about maximum speed. Maybe you're right. But since the test map was released, I can use it to find out the maximum speed of the vehicles. So, after the Regiocitadis is released, I'll just put it into the test map, set the route to the end of the test line, put the pedal to the metal and watch how fast it'll go.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Only the units 4001 - 4025 and 4055 - 4072 have automatic couplers. The maximum speed of the RegioCitadis is 100km/u, but the HTM trams are limited to 80km/u.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

It basically means that trams 4026 - 4054 can only run as solo trams. The Kassel variant of the trams I only saw the dual electric version (RBK 701 - 718) coupled to each other, whilst the dual mode (electric + diesel) version (RBK 751 - 760) I only saw them running solo, so I don't think they have a coupler.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Or there are platforms along the diesel section that are too short for coupled vehicles, which results in those services never running with coupled vehicles.

Anyway... dual mode isn't an option in the simulator. I tried it with the KTM Citylink, but couldn't get it to work. I can put a diesel motor in there and a functional pantograph, but them it won't drive if the diesel motor isn't engaged, even if the pantograph is up.

I think I will do the current RandstadRail livery, the proposed R-Net livery, and perhaps a repaintable one.
And I think they will all be with couplers, as then you won't get trouble when you spawn coupled units, and by the random vehicle numbers the simulator selects you get a non-coupler vehicle, which would just look strange.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D