Post by JeffT »

How to place the BOA train in a scen?
I cant get this to work.

Code: Select all

<consist start="A33">
<train pack="ParisMetro" file="BOA.xml"/>
<train pack="ParisMetro" file="BOAp.xml"/>
</consist>
Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.
HexxOP

Re: [WIP] Paris RATP MF77 metro

Post by HexxOP »

Should work with a slight correction :

<consist start="A33">
<train pack="AlstomMetro" file="BOA.xml"/>
</consist>

<consist start="A33">
<train pack="AlstomMetro" file="BOAp.xml"/>
</consist>
First being the normal version, the second being the test one fitted with a panto. :)
JeffT

Post by JeffT »

HexxOP wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 09:41 Should work with a slight correction :

<consist start="A33">
<train pack="AlstomMetro" file="BOA.xml"/>
</consist>

<consist start="A33">
<train pack="AlstomMetro" file="BOAp.xml"/>
</consist>
First being the normal version, the second being the test one fitted with a panto. :)
Thank you!
Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

what dos BOA even mean?
HexxOP

Re: [Released] Paris RATP MF77 metro

Post by HexxOP »

Boa basically refer to the snake family (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boidae).
They decided to name the prototype after it as it is the very first Paris metro train with gangways, giving the feeling of an uninterrupted train, like a snake on tracks.
brozma

Post by brozma »

HexxOP wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 21:10 Boa basically refer to the snake family (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boidae).
They decided to name the prototype after it as it is the very first Paris metro train with gangways, giving the feeling of an uninterrupted train, like a snake on tracks.
I honestly thought, the word "BOA" on the prototype is an acronym as well and I considered the reference to the snake family to be a pure coincidence.
Ironically, regular MF 77 doesn't have a gangways between cars, and as far as I remember from Paris Metro Simulator, the MF 01 (which I nicknamed as a "81-717M's French cousin" because it makes the same high pitched wheezing noise when accelerating from stand-still or stopping, like 81-717M does) is a metro train with gangways between cars.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Trololo

Post by Trololo »

brozma wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 13:26
I honestly thought, the word "BOA" on the prototype is an acronym as well and I considered the reference to the snake family to be a pure coincidence.
Ironically, regular MF 77 doesn't have a gangways between cars, and as far as I remember from Paris Metro Simulator, the MF 01 (which I nicknamed as a "81-717M's French cousin" because it makes the same high pitched wheezing noise when accelerating from stand-still or stopping, like 81-717M does) is a metro train with gangways between cars.
In fact the Boa system was just an experience. It served for the creation of the MF88, which was the first Parisian metro with gangways. Then all new metro variant (MP89CC, MP89CA, MF01, MP05, MP14) came with gangways.
Isahh

Post by Isahh »

if you ask me the MF77 was nice but not necessary because it simply does look at home with a bunch of dutch trains(which is literally what the simulator is based on if you live under a rock)
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Isahh wrote: 23 Jun 2023, 11:17 if you ask me the MF77 was nice but not necessary because it simply does look at home with a bunch of dutch trains(which is literally what the simulator is based on if you live under a rock)
living under a rock what :lol:
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Isahh

Post by Isahh »

Leipzig_LP wrote: 23 Jun 2023, 11:57
Isahh wrote: 23 Jun 2023, 11:17 if you ask me the MF77 was nice but not necessary because it simply does look at home with a bunch of dutch trains(which is literally what the simulator is based on if you live under a rock)
living under a rock what :lol:
Im just sayin it's a nice addition to the game but like the 81-717, Most of the citadis trams, Munchen type A and a bunch of trains that i just deem to be out of place. And im not the type of guy who begs for updates but seriously i expected the RET Rebuilds or something that fits the setting of the game to be somwaht high on the priority list