map

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sgt_DeBones

Map Testing Suggestion

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

I'm going to slightly bend this topic for a sec. I know Nederdam is already a thing but could we possibly add on to the general idea of a test map to not only test new objects but to test new coding as well? Such as scripts and animations for new objects all in one map for everyone who currently already has the editor can lively experiment together at once. I don't know if the current state of the current in-house engine can allow that but if not, understandable why it is not possible. Which is why I would happily invest in getting upgrades for the simulator's engine for a good hobby.

Bottom line: I just want to script some new objects :)
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
metrolord

Re: Map Testing Suggestion

Post by metrolord »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 21:24 Which is why I would happily invest in getting upgrades for the simulator's engine for a good hobby.
We all need to help the project. Investing in the engine is a good idea. But alot of people here don't know how to code so that's actually impossible for all to invest in it :lol: And also, I don't relly think you will be a developer or a helper because the current team has done alot of work to the current game status.
Sgt_DeBones wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 21:24 ...for everyone who currently already has the editor can lively expirement together at once.
Multiplayer won't be a thing in this game. It will take so much time and work.
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sgt_DeBones

Re: Map Testing Suggestion

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

metrolord wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 10:19 Multiplayer won't be a thing in this game. It will take so much time and work.
Like I didn't know that. I was referring to it being exclusive for developers, not the general public.

And as far you know, you do not know the skills behind scripting objects if that's what you are getting at. Investing is possible. Again, I'd love to invest time AND money on the game. Since 2018, I've gotten a lot of experience with coding including briefly working at a national security lab with machine (I cannot disclose anything behind the scenes on that or else I will get into federal trouble). So assuming everyone is inexperienced is cool however, it is not 100% ideal.
Sjoerd

Re: map

Post by Sjoerd »

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

My latest reply from there was specifically about scripting signals.
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

I was thinking on how hageningen would be with buses, so I created a map with a fictional bus map (and it is just an illustration, I'm not asking to do it)
The bus frequency in weekdays would be 10 in 10 minutes in rush hours, out of it it would be 15-15 minutes and on the weekends and evenings would be 30-30 minutes.
Line 25 (the blue one) is the only one who runs 20-20 minutes all time during weekdays (except weekends and evening)
I saw that in Portugal, namely in Porto city, they are constructing a metrobus (BRT) so I decided to include one in the simulator, to rapidly connect the beach to the Noord part of the city. The Metrobus The bus frequency in weekdays would be 10 in 10 minutes allday, but evenings and weekend the frequency goes from 15-15 minutes.

What is your opinion about this bus service in hageningen guys? :D
Attachments
idea.png
idea.png (327.74 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
You dont love tram much i love✌🏾✌🏾
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Lyon wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 19:15 I was thinking on how hageningen would be with buses, so I created a map with a fictional bus map (and it is just an illustration, I'm not asking to do it)
The bus frequency in weekdays would be 10 in 10 minutes in rush hours, out of it it would be 15-15 minutes and on the weekends and evenings would be 30-30 minutes.
Line 25 (the blue one) is the only one who runs 20-20 minutes all time during weekdays (except weekends and evening)
I saw that in Portugal, namely in Porto city, they are constructing a metrobus (BRT) so I decided to include one in the simulator, to rapidly connect the beach to the Noord part of the city. The Metrobus The bus frequency in weekdays would be 10 in 10 minutes allday, but evenings and weekend the frequency goes from 15-15 minutes.

What is your opinion about this bus service in hageningen guys? :D
I assumely think it can work, but we could reincorporate them as trolleys however..