Amsterdam S1/S2 & S3/M4

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Isaacp14

Re: Amsterdam S1/S2 & S3/M4

Post by Isaacp14 »

oh nice a Herring Gull from GVB. Will there also be a repaint version of the Herring Gull or not?
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Sjoerd wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 21:18 Okay... I've changed my mind... partly.
"Kekw" :lol:
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Progress report on the M1-M3; passenger interior has been build, and vehicle numbers. It also already has the mini shunting-pantograph. The driver cab interior has not been build yet.

Note; these trains are longer then the Rotterdam trains. Therefore, 3 coupled units is the maximum trainlength for most platforms on the Simvliet and Rijndam networks.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 21:18 First, let me say that I still do not like this design. At all.
But it is not a difficult shape (compared to the S1/S2 and S3/M4), and it is an important part of Amsterdam metro history. So this way, I can deliver a more complete set.
So you changed your mind and made them. :shock: TBH I did not expect Amsterdam M1-M3 metro train to be made into metrosim. I am genuinely and positively surprised about this.
And about M1-M3 train's design. I have to agree with you. As I said before. Amsterdam M1-M3 metro train looks like a mix between shipping container and New York City subway train. And in the last picture of M1-M3 metro train you posted. It looks like, you take two New York City subway cars and you couple them permanently together back-to-back.
Also it's good, you didn't forget about tiny shunting panto, typical for Amsterdam metro rolling stock, for M1-M3 trains as well. At least we can do the same shunting in Rijndam Bergenseweg depot with M1-M3, like we can do with Amsterdam M5 train and (in the future) with Amsterdam M4 train.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Johannes713

Post by Johannes713 »

Aren't the M1/M2/M3 too wide for the platforms?
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Why does the Zilvermeeuw remind me of the DT3?
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Johannes713 wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 19:24 Aren't the M1/M2/M3 too wide for the platforms?
Yes, and so is the M5. So in order to be able to use these trains on existing routes, I had to narrow them a bit.
Just like what would happen if any existing metro network orders new trains; set specifications for them to fit on the routes you want to use them on.
So this train too; it is a bit more narrow compared to the real train in order to fit past the platforms, but otherwise; I used the official drawings I found online, which even specified the exact measurements of the rib-structure on the sides.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Buildng the M1-M3 driver cabin interior:
Ollierocha

Post by Ollierocha »

good sjoerd but are you planning to do the amsterdam line 51 in the future
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Ollierocha wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 16:02 good sjoerd but are you planning to do the amsterdam line 51 in the future
no
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.