Michiel
Site Admin

Re: Amsterdam S1/S2 & S3/M4

Post by Michiel »

Or any train from the USA.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Result of another full day of work on the S3... Also the last day of my vacation, so it will slow down now.
Still to do on this train: drivers cabine, R-Net livery, and repainatble version.

Original livery:
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

That last livery looks oddly similar to London Underground's.
brozma

Post by brozma »

TBH when I first saw S3/M4 in this topic. I was so confused about their technical details, like if the S3 also has both 3rd rail shoes and pantos like S1/S2. I tried to look it up first, but I couldn't find any real life pictures of Amsterdam S3, which would show it with 3rd rail shoes exposed and with it's panto lifted up at the same time. Luckily, this question was answered for me by Sjoerd's post in 3rd of January 2023, where Sjoerd showed up a picture of Amsterdam S3/M4 liveries, where Amsterdam S3 is driving with it's panto lifted up. I just opened that picture in new browser tab, zoomed in and Bingo! I saw 3rd rail shoes on front and rear bogies.
But there's one question remaining. Does Amsterdam M4 have the same tiny panto, which Amsterdam M5 has?

Also, I was looking up some videos about Amsterdam S3/M4, and the sound, they make, when accelerating from standstill sounds a bit funny to me. They sound like a mix between Siemens M1 (Prague metro train used on C line), when it's accelerating from standstill, Formula 1 car shifting up quickly and a sound of the car alarm, when someone tries to steal a car.
Sjoerd wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 23:06 The M1/M2/M3 is just about my least favorite train.... driving shipping-containers, which shouldn't even have survived the early sketch phase. So I'm probably not doing those :lol:
LOL good one Sjoerd! :lol: I also found the pictures of Amsterdam M1/M2/M3 metro trains, when I was looking up pictures of Amsterdam S3/M4. They really look like a mix between driving shipping-containers and NYC subway trains from the late 80s.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Sjoerd wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 17:22
Original livery:
it took me years to realize the livery wasn't actually white and that the trains don't actually look dirty in every image
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 18:51 But there's one question remaining. Does Amsterdam M4 have the same tiny panto, which Amsterdam M5 has?
Yes. Located where the normal pantograph is located on the S3-variant:
It is used to shunt in and out of the workshop in Diemen for maintenance.

Also here is a whole list of video's on these trains: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... _UyXbIW31M
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 19:05 Yes. Located where the normal pantograph is located on the S4-variant:
Nice. I hope this tiny shunting panto will be added on Metrosim variant of M4. That way, we can do the same shunting procedure with M4 like we can do with M5 on "Rijndam Metro 2022" map in Bergensweg depot.
Sjoerd wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 19:05 It is used to shunt in and out of the workshop in Diemen for maintenance.
Yeah, I know very well what is it used for. As I remember, you said that before, in Amsterdam M5 topic.
Sjoerd wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 19:05 Also here is a whole list of video's on these trains: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... _UyXbIW31M
That's the exact playlist, I found and partially watched, when I looked up "Amsterdam S3/M4" on YouTube. And in some of these videos I heard that "funny" sound which S3/M4 makes, when accelerating from standstill
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The R-Net variant:

Still to-do:
  • Drivers cab
  • Doorsounds
  • M4 variant
Isaacp14

Post by Isaacp14 »

okay nice work when can i download it Sjoerd?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

When it is finished. Luckily this train does not reqiure the next version of the simulator (like the Lausanne map, due to the platform edge door function), so it does not have to wait for that.