Question

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Xk4rl1X

Question

Post by Xk4rl1X »

Hi!, i just want to know if developers are making a less laggy game or optimizing the existing?, because there are a lot of useless objects which are making the game more laggy than it was before, i just wanted to know that, thanks!
luka23

Re: Question

Post by luka23 »

What are your computer specs and which objects are you referring to?
Xk4rl1X

Post by Xk4rl1X »

luka23 wrote: 11 Jun 2022, 08:56 What are your computer specs and which objects are you referring to?
My pc specs are: Acer Aspire A314-22
AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Graphics, 2600 Mhz

Ram: 12GB which 9.94GB are already for use and i have 5.16GB free

Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language, i think that's all impont things.

and i mean with useless objects like, Grass, Paths or Buildings when we are underground, because we focus more on the simulator instead of exploring the map (at least if it's for finding easter eggs)
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Unless there's a tram line or main railway line above ground, there is no scenery when you're underground, while plain grass doesn't consume any significant amount of processing power to my knowledge.

However, if that's heavy for your computer, there are a few maps which try to minimize those cases, like Rijndam Metro 2022 (which doesn't contain trams and main line trains), or Glasgow Subway

Also, make sure, your computer uses the AMD graphics for the game and not any very low end integrated ones. To make sure this is the case, go to Windows Settings > System > Display > Graphics. With "Desktop app" selected under Add an app, click Browse, find the Simulator.exe file, and after you add it, click on it in the list below, click Options, pick the AMD GPU, and click Save.
trains 500

Post by trains 500 »

The lag in this game has always been strange.

At Rijndam Javaplein (on my old pc) I get strange lag especially as there is not much scenery there compared to rijndam central where I get no lag.

Even on my new pc (where I get a decent fps on demanding train sim at London Waterloo) at hagenginen central with lots of the NS ai I get around 2 fps.
My youtube channel containing several Metro sim videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCep1Mi ... sBZ9B0lwWA
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Well, (no offence Michiel :D) this sim isn't the best regarding optimization, mainly because the game engine is custom-made by one person. Also, keep in mind, that it simulates all trains in the background even if you don't see them, to keep the timetable and the CVL accurate. Other sims and games focus on high detailed scenery and realistic lighting which can be easier to optimize for afaik
Xk4rl1X

Post by Xk4rl1X »

Jim2016 wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 11:45 Unless there's a tram line or main railway line above ground, there is no scenery when you're underground, while plain grass doesn't consume any significant amount of processing power to my knowledge.

However, if that's heavy for your computer, there are a few maps which try to minimize those cases, like Rijndam Metro 2022 (which doesn't contain trams and main line trains), or Glasgow Subway

Also, make sure, your computer uses the AMD graphics for the game and not any very low end integrated ones. To make sure this is the case, go to Windows Settings > System > Display > Graphics. With "Desktop app" selected under Add an app, click Browse, find the Simulator.exe file, and after you add it, click on it in the list below, click Options, pick the AMD GPU, and click Save.
Tysm!