RailDetail - NS Mat '64 Development (QUEUED)

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

TreinspotterDeamyen

Re: RailDetail - NS Mat '64 Development (QUEUED)

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

TreinspotterDeamyen wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 21:53 When do you go to try to Finnish this Project
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Things have been paused as you can see. This has everything to do with the poly count of the trains so I redid the interior to a more reasonable poly count wile maintaining detail. And also...surprise surprise I'm working on another one:
Attachments
SGM1.jpg
SGM1.jpg (185.11 KiB) Viewed 1256 times
Last edited by MG2 on 19 Jan 2022, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have also been working on that one for a while now, and kicked it into acceleration about 1,5 weeks ago, while the Avenio project was in the testing fase.

I already have it driving;

Ofcourse you're welcome to create your own version, I'd love to see the results... The Mat'64 screenshots are impressive (especially the interior). But as you have already been talking about the Mat'64 since I was building "Rijndam 2018" first half of 2017 (in which I made the platforms along the section "Rijndam Buitenvelden - Noordvliet" long enough to accomodate your Mat'64 in a coupled 2-section + 4-section consist), and you're still working on it five years later.... I guess it's going to take a while before we have your SGM version (no offence intended I assure you!).
I can make this one a bit faster... :D

I wanted to wait a bit longer before announcing it, but I guess I'll open up a topic for it now. ;)

I would still really love it if you bring the Mat'64 Plan V (2-section) and plan T (4-section) into the simulator!!
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Sjoerd wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 14:28Ofcourse you're welcome to create your own version, I'd love to see the results...
As promised before any NS train was made for the simulator, most of the NS rolling stock history will be created, even if there are like five copy's out there. I promised and wanted to do the complete package according to one rule and level of detail so I will ;)
Sjoerd wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 14:28The Mat'64 screenshots are impressive (especially the interior). But as you have already been talking about the Mat'64 since I was building "Rijndam 2018" first half of 2017 (in which I made the platforms along the section "Rijndam Buitenvelden - Noordvliet" long enough to accomodate your Mat'64 in a coupled 2-section + 4-section consist), and you're still working on it five years later.... I guess it's going to take a while before we have your SGM version (no offence intended I assure you!).
Non taken ;) What you wrote is the truth and I would have said the same about my progress. The thing is, It's not just one model of the Mat '64 and SGM that I've been working on since then. As you know it all began with modifying the Christrains MSTS models (same what you do with the 3d Warehouse ones) but after some progress on those I thought it would be better to create my own models from scratch as I wanted something better than MSTS quality. So after some progress on my own scratch models I accidently deleted a number of files including the trains and lost everything. Silly me forgetting to create a back up :roll: So I lost motivation after this and paused things for a while. But then when I resumed work I was like hmmm...the simulator is mainly based on metro / lightrail operation and not exactly on national rail. So I gave priority to some metro stuff until the simulator had more national rail features and the NS project got delayed even more. Something I'd really like to have is separate acceleration and braking handle support. This would make things more realistic for NS stock. However I've finally made my decision to resume work on the NS project for good. It may have been delayed for a few years but it will be released ;)
Sjoerd wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 14:28I can make this one a bit faster... :D
Me too :mrgreen: I work about as fast as you when I focus on the sim and my Mat '64 and SGM will be released soon enough ;) Can I however still count on your help when needed? :)
Last edited by MG2 on 19 Jan 2022, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Always happy to help 😉
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

Still glad to hear that this project is still being worked on, and that there's now an SGM in progress! :D
Finally updated my avatar photo :)