Simtra line with KTM Citylink and FGV2500

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Nicolas

Simtra line with KTM Citylink and FGV2500

Post by Nicolas »

I'm trying to create my own activity for the Simtra line, replacing the older stock for both services.

The railway seems to be a non-issue, the new FGV2500 are a simple replacement and work right out of the box. But the trams are giving me trouble. They are much larger than the old trams, so I had to get rid of one tram and have a three tram service (unless I can figure out a way to use the workshop track of the depot as storage). I know the narrow gauge variant of the KTM Citylink is configured as a diesel train to simulate a dual mode. When I want the first of them to start working, I get this report in the AI debug:

And after a while it turns into this:

I suppose I need to tell the tram it needs to turn on its engine somehow? Since the sim considers it a diesel train unlike the original Simtra stock. It raises its pantograph but I suppose this is a mere aesthetic thing. I also want the KTM trams to avoid the loops since they wouldn't realistically fit on them. I'm pasting the modified ACT file below:

Code: Select all

<activity name="AI-Weekday KTM" mappack="NGT" mapfile="NGT.map" time="05:50:00"> 

<controldata system="0" pack="NGT" file="SimtraRoutes.ctd">
  <trains pack="NGT" file="Activities/TimetableTram1.xml"/>
  <trains pack="NGT" file="Activities/TimetableTrain1.xml"/>

<timetables title="Tram">
   <timetable title="Direction De Praia" sort="cnt">
    <route>1-TP</route>
    <route>1-TD</route>
    <station code="es"/>
    <station code="cnt"/>
    <station code="adl"/>
    <station code="plz"/>
    <station code="ada"/>
    <station code="vvd"/>
    <station code="pdv"/>
    <station code="abm"/>
    <station code="dpas"/>
    <station code="dpa"/>
   </timetable>

<timetable title="direction Estacion" sort="cnt">
    <route>1-PT</route>
    <route>1-CT</route>
    <station code="dpa"/>
    <station code="abm"/>
    <station code="pdv"/>
    <station code="vvd"/>
    <station code="ada"/>
    <station code="plz"/>
    <station code="adl"/>
    <station code="cnt"/>
    <station code="ess"/>
    <station code="es"/>
   </timetable>
  </timetables>

<timetables title="Train">
   <timetable title="Direction Ademia" sort="smt">
    <route>T-SA</route>
    <station code="smt"/>
    <station code="sbg"/>
    <station code="adm"/>
   </timetable>

<timetable title="direction Simtra" sort="smt">
    <route>T-AS</route>
    <station code="adm"/>
    <station code="sbg"/>
    <station code="smt"/>
   </timetable>
  </timetables>

<yard pack="NGT" file="DepotCNT.cty" departures="auto" arrivals="auto">

<shedule name="morning" time="05:50:00" autodepartures="05:50:01" autoarrivals="05:50:02">
    <depart code="101" train="1012CT" target="CNT" time="05:51:00" ai="true" track="D1" direction="-1" units="1" signnumber="01" signdest="1-es"/>
    <depart code="102" train="1022CT" target="CNT" time="06:01:00" ai="true" track="D2" direction="-1" units="1" signnumber="02" signdest="1-es"/>
    <depart code="103" train="1032CT" target="CNT" time="06:11:00" ai="true" track="D3" direction="-1" units="1" signnumber="03" signdest="1-es"/>
   </shedule>

<shedule name="evening" time="12:00:00" autodepartures="12:00:01" autoarrivals="12:00:02">
	<arrive code="102" train="1022TD" target="CNT" time="20:14:00" ai="true" track="D2" direction="1" units="1" stop="4"/>
	<arrive code="101" train="1012TD" target="CNT" time="23:24:00" ai="true" track="D1" direction="1" units="1" stop="4"/>
	<arrive code="103" train="1032TD" target="CNT" time="23:44:00" ai="true" track="D3" direction="1" units="1" stop="4"/>
   </shedule>

</yard>

<yard pack="NGT" file="SimtraSiding21.cty" departures="auto" arrivals="auto">
   <shedule name="morning" time="05:50:00" autodepartures="05:50:01" autoarrivals="05:50:02">
    <depart code="502" train="5021SA" target="S2" time="06:15:00" ai="true" track="S21" direction="1" units="1" signnumber="02" signdest="Ademia"/>
   </shedule>
   <shedule name="evening" time="12:00:00" autodepartures="12:00:01" autoarrivals="12:00:02">
	<arrive code="502" train="6021AS" target="S2" time="18:19:00" ai="true" track="S2" direction="-1" units="1" stop="2"/>
	<arrive code="501" train="6011AS" target="S2" time="22:56:00" ai="true" track="S2" direction="-1" units="1" stop="1"/>
   </shedule>
  </yard>

<trainnumber old="F10001" new="5014SA" timetable="501"/> 

</controldata>

<consists>
  <consist start="D01">
   <train pack="RijndamRail" file="KTMCL_FGV.xml"/>
  </consist>

<consist start="D02">
   <train pack="RijndamRail" file="KTMCL_FGV.xml"/>
  </consist>

<consist start="D03">
   <train pack="RijndamRail" file="KTMCL_FGV.xml"><cab id="1" mycontrol="true"/></train>
  </consist>

<consist start="SMT1" position="60">
   <train pack="FGV" file="FGV2500.xml"/>
  </consist>
  <consist start="SMT21">
   <train pack="FGV" file="FGV2500.xml"/>
  </consist>

</consists>
</activity>
Michiel
Site Admin

Re: Simtra line with KTM Citylink and FGV2500

Post by Michiel »

I don't think the pantographs on that tram actually do anything? It seems to be configured as diesel powered and not diesel electric so it does not support dual mode. The AI probably gets confused because of this fake pantograph though and doesn't consider the possibility of a diesel engine.

What you can try is adding the following line to the activity, between the <train></train> block for the tram:

Code: Select all

<dieselengine on="true">
That will force the engines on when the activity is loaded and the AI should not try to raise the pantograph because it already has power.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Michiel wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 20:13 I don't think the pantographs on that tram actually do anything? It seems to be configured as diesel powered and not diesel electric so it does not support dual mode. The AI probably gets confused because of this fake pantograph though and doesn't consider the possibility of a diesel engine.
Do you have a suggestion for me to fix this? It is supposed to be a dual mode vehicle; both electric with pantograph and diesel traction. But as soon as I tell the simulator it has a diesel engine... It ignores its electrical components, and therefore will only run on diesel power. So yes, that means the pantograph is for looks only, and I had to cut out the diesel engine sounds, so you can at least pretend you are on electrical power when you are running with the pantograph 'up'.
I could not figure out a way to make it truely dual mode.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

With some help from Michiel, this has been fixed; the vehicle is now dual mode. I have just tested in on the Simtra map;
  • If you are on a track with overhead lines and you turn on the cab and then the AI, it raises the pantograph.
  • If you are on a track without overhead lines and you turn on the cab and then the AI, it starts the diesel engine.
So I have also put back in the diesel engine sound, so it truely feels like dual mode. :D

I am planning a few new vehicles in the "RijndamRail" package in the near future (next project after the Avenio tram, which releases soon), so when I make the update, this feature will be in there. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 21:10 With some help from Michiel, this has been fixed; the vehicle is now dual mode. I have just tested in on the Simtra map;
  • If you are on a track with overhead lines and you turn on the cab and then the AI, it raises the pantograph.
  • If you are on a track without overhead lines and you turn on the cab and then the AI, it starts the diesel engine.
So I have also put back in the diesel engine sound, so it truely feels like dual mode. :D

I am planning a few new vehicles in the "RijndamRail" package in the near future (next project after the Avenio tram, which releases soon), so when I make the update, this feature will be in there. ;)
yes a tram train
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Glad to know I was an incentive to fix a bug of the game :D

Although I'm still having issues myself. I could make the trams start on their own from the depot (by adding "<dieselengine on="true"/>" and "<pantographs raised="true"/>" to the line of each KTM Citylink) and also changed the train numbers to start with 9 as indicated in the Simtra wiki page so the trains will avoid the loops. But as soon as the first tram reaches Centro, it shuts off the cab and never starts the next timetable (Centro - Estacion). If I drive the tram myself I get green lights up to Estacion, but at the indicated departure time, the ATB system doesn't give me green light to depart from Estacion.
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Sjoerd wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 21:10 I am planning a few new vehicles in the "RijndamRail" package in the near future (next project after the Avenio tram, which releases soon), so when I make the update, this feature will be in there. ;)
Off-topic, but I know what we need for RijndamRail package to go with the DDM coach is a DDM-DR vehicle (but that's for discussion a new thread).