Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by Sjoerd »

Michiel wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 22:11 Pretty sure there was a video of it on youtube years ago, something with a door close button that actually closed the doors in the simulator I think?
I have two passenger door control panels from Dutch NS trains, and drivers control panels from the NS ICM, Mat'64 and DE-2 trains.... Is there any way of connecting any of them to the simulator??
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Speaking of that there were some SGMm ones on auction about a month ago and unfortunately the price went too high too fast and I didn’t stand a chance. Hopefully they’ll make more available now that they’ll scrap all of them
TreinspotterDeamyen

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

I miss the SGMm
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
remy

Post by remy »

Michiel wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 22:11 Pretty sure there was a video of it on youtube years ago, something with a door close button that actually closed the doors in the simulator I think?
You mean this one? https://youtu.be/oV9Iu0nli40

I'll make some better pictures of the cabin parts later on and post them here.

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 22:39
I have two passenger door control panels from Dutch NS trains, and drivers control panels from the NS ICM, Mat'64 and DE-2 trains.... Is there any way of connecting any of them to the simulator??
Just the inputs are easy to couple. Hook up an Arduino, two wires (one ground, one to a digital pin) and a pull up resistor. Either an interrupt or a polling loop, and when the button (switch) is pressed, send the appropriate keyboard command. You need an Arduino that supports usb keyboard, like the Micro or Leonardo (or the many clones). Most arduinos have the pull up resistor built in.

Regarding the NS door panel, I did a write-up here a while ago: https://revspace.nl/Deurbedieningspaneel

The video above is just that, very simple. You can do it on a breadboard, then you don't even need to solder.

Outputs is a different beast. Michiel has made a special devkit with a python API, that outputs some train status (like speed, door status and ATP signals). I'm using a modified SG2 panel (with LEDs instead of 24v lamps, otherwise the arduino setup becomes more complicated, MOSFETs and external power). Using firmata, a serial protocol, to communicate the status between the host PC and the arduino and a shift register to set the correct LED. So if the train has ATB green 50, the correct green lamp is on. Not all lamps are connected yet and not all inputs hooked up. (Lack of time, project is work in progress).

I might make a demo with all-breadboard components, simple 7 segment led for the speedometer and a rotary encoder for the traction control, that you can build without an actual panel. It's the same setup, just as fun. I also made such a small setup because the large cabin parts are heavy and not that easy to hookup for development.

Jim2016 wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 23:03 Speaking of that there were some SGMm ones on auction about a month ago and unfortunately the price went too high too fast and I didn’t stand a chance. Hopefully they’ll make more available now that they’ll scrap all of them
The door panels go up on Marktplaats often, keep an eye on the Spoorwegen category under Verzamelen. I have a few, but without the key they're not much fun. Keys go up way less often on MP. I have a 3d model of it if you want to print one yourself.
remy

Post by remy »

I normally don't like double posting, but the previous post is already long. Here are the pictures of my SG2 parts collection.

Referring to Sjoerds post, I have multiple NS door panels but this one is in mint condition, was never used. All shiny, no scratches:

Image Image Image Image

Here we have the first SG2 part, a door panel from the driver's cabin:

Image Image

Another unique item, a RandstadRail SG2 panel:

Image Image Image

Image Image

The regular panel:

Image Image

A project for a different day, from an 800 tram. Have one of the 1600 as well:

And one from an NS loc, planning to make a clock out of that:

Traction control (drive/brake):

Image Image

With the top plate:

Drive setting (rijstanden), PZ/SP/Ra, etc. Huge ass heavy thing:

Image Image Image

Here's a recording showing the bottom part, I think it's called a schakel wals (big ass drum switch):

[youtube]https://youtu.be/dqIvAFzm_vE[/youtube]

The two side panels, one's very dirty:

Image Image

The entire setup, arranged like a driver's cab, both regular and RandstadRail:

All my door control panels:

The emergency handle:

I should have another regular panel somewhere with just LEDs and no messy cables but I can't find that, somewhere else on the attic. Here's a picture of that panel hooked up:

And the removal of the wires:

I'm always on the lookout for more panels, so if someone can spare them, I'd be happy to pay for them, including shipping.
Last edited by remy on 07 Jan 2022, 04:58, edited 8 times in total.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

remy wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 09:36 The door panels go up on Marktplaats often, keep an eye on the Spoorwegen category under Verzamelen. I have a few, but without the key they're not much fun. Keys go up way less often on MP. I have a 3d model of it if you want to print one yourself.
Okay, thanks (nothing currently but someone has a listing for asking for one :lol: ), and yeah if I manage to get one and can't find a key, I'll ask you for the 3D model ;)
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Do you have a whole SG2 in your backyard or something? :shock:
remy

Post by remy »

RSG3 wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 14:04 Do you have a whole SG2 in your backyard or something? :shock:
No, that would be even better. However, I don't have the space for that, so this is the best alternative. I'm very bad with wood, but I hope to build an enclosure someday to make all the parts better to handle. Like a wooden frame for the big parts where they slot in, and a set enclosure for the smaller panels.

There is an MG2 kop in Moerstraten, the 5111: https://www.metro5111.nl/nl_index.htm - but I'm more an SG2 guy.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

I found an issue... The 47635 "Jimmy Milne" has lost it's identification.

This doesn't happen with the other units.
Attachments
Epping.jpg
Epping.jpg (474.8 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I see you have lost the loco-number too... And also the couplers?

I just did a test... If you download the "London" addon from the Wiki and replace the "London.000" file from 3.17 by the file with the same name from the download, that fixes it.

-> https://filehorst.de/d/drhujCna
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D