No sounds - Hageningen Tram Depot

Post bug reports here. Please only post bug reports here, no questions or general discussions.

Moderator: senjer

Perks390

No sounds - Hageningen Tram Depot

Post by Perks390 »

Playing 3.17 at Hageningen Tram Depot some of the trams don't have sounds. Eventually, once far enough away from the depot, the sounds return. I'm sure I remember reading, a while back, that in areas with loads of sounds playing together some sounds wouldn't work? Is there a way to prevent the sounds from cutting out?
Nicolas

Re: No sounds - Hageningen Tram Depot

Post by Nicolas »

I'm experimenting the same thing every time I get into Hageningen Centraal.
trains 500

Post by trains 500 »

same, especially with the 11/12 G series.

eg. the throttle sound and horn stop working when in built up areas. This is only happening since 3.17
My youtube channel containing several Metro sim videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCep1Mi ... sBZ9B0lwWA
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Something I always do when I install a new version of the simulator;
https://petri.com/change-windows-10-graphics-settings-to-solve-display-problems-on-devices-with-dual-gpus wrote:Graphics performance preference settings
To change the graphics processor preference settings for an application, you need to go to Graphics settings in the Settings app.
  • Open the Settings app in Windows using WIN+I.
  • In the Find a setting box, type graphics and select Graphics settings from the list.
  • In the dropdown menu below Graphics performance preference, select either Desktop app or Microsoft Store app, depending on the kind of app for which you want to set a preference.
  • If you selected Microsoft Store app, then choose the app from the dropdown menu and click Add.
  • If you selected Desktop app, then click Browse and find the runtime for the app you want to configure. Usually these will be an .exe file somewhere in the Programs Files or Program Files (x86)

Change Windows Graphics Settings to Solve Display Problems on Devices with Dual GPUs (Image Credit: Russell Smith)
  • Once you’ve added an app, click Options.
  • The default setting is always Let Windows decide. If you want to select a GPU manually, then Power saving uses the integrated graphics chip and High performance uses your discrete GPU. Select your preference for the app and click Save.
  • To delete an app from the list, just click Remove.
And that is it. Now Windows will use your preferred graphics performance option for apps in the list. You might need to restart any open apps for the new setting to take effect.
Perhaps this helps for the sound too.... like how traffic in the city center can be improved by directing heavy traffic to take another route :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Even when I set the game to use the dedicated GPU in "high performance" mode I get missing sounds at certain places.
Perks390

Post by Perks390 »

I've given that a go but considering I only have one graphics card, I'm not hopeful. I Will feedback when I next play.
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

I still have this issue and switching this doesn't matter for me anyway as my CPU doesn't have integrated graphics.
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Well obviously, the G in GPU stands for Graphics, not sound, so that has nothing to do with it :P This is the result of there being too many sounds, which can happen around Hageningen in some scenarios it seems. Even though we did deliberately put the tram depot some distance from the train station for performance reasons, it seems it's not far away enough for every scenario. I guess I'll have to reduce the maximum distance for sounds in the next update at least for the trams, as trams don't go very fast there is no need for the sounds to be active from a long distance anyway.
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Today I played the task with the morning line 15 and had no sound from the coach house to the curve after leaving the kerk stop.
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.