Next Map

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sgt_DeBones

Re: Next Map

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

The Flexity Swift are very well light rail vehicles. It's just Rotterdam's versions have 3rd rail shoes for obvious reasons.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

The underground section is very long so it wouldn't make sense to add overhead wire to it. Also the first metro's to run in Rotterdam were 3rd rail only and drove underground and on elevated track, so again it wouldn't make sense to give the elevated track overhead wire.
The 5200s did have pantographs equipped because the (then) new extention runs on ground level, and would be stupid to have 2 entirely seperate systems with similar configurations and vehicles running.
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

That's why we use overhead conductor rail instead of wires when it comes to tunnels for light rail transit nowadays. Don't need two different methods of collecting electricity from two different sources; pantograph vs 3rd rail (at least in America where we are greedy with our money :P)
Last edited by Sgt_DeBones on 01 Sep 2021, 03:12, edited 1 time in total.
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

I have a suggestion for a new map: The tram De Panne-Oostende-Knokke also known as Kusttram: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coast_Tram_(Belgium)
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Fesak8

Post by Fesak8 »

Leipzig_LP wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 11:55 I have a suggestion for a new map: The tram De Panne-Oostende-Knokke also known as Kusttram: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coast_Tram_(Belgium)
I mean yeah, could be cool, but it's litteraly the longest tram route in the world and I don't think most people here have a computer that's capable to load 68km of track at once (assuming it does load at once), so probably won't happen :lol:
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

if you consider the entirety of the rijndam 2022 metro and train and tram network, you might have a possibility to get close to that ;)
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Fesak8 wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 20:23 I mean yeah, could be cool, but it's litteraly the longest tram route in the world and I don't think most people here have a computer that's capable to load 68km of track at once (assuming it does load at once), so probably won't happen :lol:
This comment will not age well next year. 8-)
I had to brag :lol:
Fesak8

Post by Fesak8 »

tunneltrain96 wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 00:35 if you consider the entirety of the rijndam 2022 metro and train and tram network, you might have a possibility to get close to that ;)
Alright, fair enough, but it would still be quite outrageous that one tram line would be around the same size as the entire rijndam network, including trains :)
Fesak8

Post by Fesak8 »

This comment will not age well next year. 8-)
I had to brag :lol:
Well I guess time will tell! :lol:
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

In all fairness, if the coast tram were to be considered for the game, one half of the map would not need scenery, since it will all just be the sea, and other parts of the map wil just be countryside,so also mininal amounts of scenery there