Moderator: senjer

Polete06

Re: Amsterdam M5

Post by Polete06 »

sjoerd I congratulate you for the great job you have done !! 😃👏👏👏
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 20:09 An activity has been prepared for Simvliet line C; Delfsblaak - Simvliet CS - Delfsblaak - Simvliet CS - De Bergen - Into depot.
Amazing! :D

Keep up the good work, Sjoerd.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

A line D activity has now also been build....
I cut line D into two parts;
  • Simvliet Centraal - Hageningen Centraal is still being operated with RSG3 trains.
  • Hageningen Centraal - Strandboulevard is now operated in a 5-minute interval by Amsterdam M5 trains
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Do the RSG3s terminate at the other platform?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

At platform 1. Passengers from Simvliet wanting to continue to Strandboulevard can either change crossplatform to the tram, or walk to platform 6 for the new M5 metro.

The M5 trains terminate at platform 6, so passengers wanting to continue towards Zoutplas can change crossplatform to the tram (and change same-platform down the line to go on to Simvliet, or walk to platform 1.

I believe this way the most potential transferring passengers have the easiest transfer (cross-platform). ;)
After all; if the SG3's out of Simvliet were to reverse at platform 6 (instead of platform 1), passengers transfering crossplatform would only go back in the direction where they came from. And from the tram from Strandboulevard to the metro to Simvliet; you can do that same-platform down the line too.
And passengers from line D from Strandboulevard would, if they arrived at Hageningen Centraal platform 1, only have a crossplatform transfer option to the tram to.... Strandboulevard :lol:
Johannes713

Post by Johannes713 »

Did the strandboulevard depot get overheadwhires or still 3rd rail?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The Simvliet (/Hageningen) network is not my map, so therefore I can not change it. I can only make activities here (just like you can). ;)
Johannes713

Post by Johannes713 »

Oh yeah i forgot
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 21:10 A line D activity has now also been build....
I cut line D into two parts;
  • Simvliet Centraal - Hageningen Centraal is still being operated with RSG3 trains.
  • Hageningen Centraal - Strandboulevard is now operated in a 5-minute interval by Amsterdam M5 trains
Amazing!
Sjoerd wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 21:32 At platform 1. Passengers from Simvliet wanting to continue to Strandboulevard can either change crossplatform to the tram, or walk to platform 6 for the new M5 metro.

The M5 trains terminate at platform 6, so passengers wanting to continue towards Zoutplas can change crossplatform to the tram (and change same-platform down the line to go on to Simvliet, or walk to platform 1.

I believe this way the most potential transferring passengers have the easiest transfer (cross-platform). ;)
After all; if the SG3's out of Simvliet were to reverse at platform 6 (instead of platform 1), passengers transfering crossplatform would only go back in the direction where they came from. And from the tram from Strandboulevard to the metro to Simvliet; you can do that same-platform down the line too.
And passengers from line D from Strandboulevard would, if they arrived at Hageningen Centraal platform 1, only have a crossplatform transfer option to the tram to.... Strandboulevard :lol:
Couldn't the Amsterdam M5 run on the entire line D, as they have tiny pantohraphs (althought used for shunting into the depot)?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 11:04 Couldn't the Amsterdam M5 run on the entire line D, as they have tiny pantohraphs (althought used for shunting into the depot)?
In this case, size does matter.... :lol:
It can't reach higher then 4,7 meters above the track. And the default height in the simulator is 5 meters.