Moderator: senjer

Savage Kid

Re: Paris RATP MF67 / MP73 metro

Post by Savage Kid »

hmmm yes
Sjoerd

Paris RATP MF67 / MP73 metro: Youtube video

Post by Sjoerd »

Youtube presentation of the Paris MF67 and MP73..... This evening at 22:30 (Amsterdam timezone, CEST / GMT+2)

https://youtu.be/Gl0mlRCx3ZI
Last edited by Sjoerd on 10 Apr 2021, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Release: Paris RATP MF67 / MP73 metro

Post by Sjoerd »

Now available for download on the wiki; The MF67 and MP73 trains. :)

https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Paris_MF67_&_MP73

This package also includes the Alstom Metro package, which has been updated to include the usable train protection switch.

Last edited by Sjoerd on 10 Apr 2021, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
PacerLover23

Post by PacerLover23 »

Nice, I shall have a mess about with them now.
Manuel18

Post by Manuel18 »

Hello I'm interested on your project. I was wondering Is there is any way to include ATC ( ATO + ATP ) on trains.

I'm a Openbve designer who Is looking for migrate some trains to a new sim. I have aknowledge of PA135 and Block Circuits from Signalling A.K.A (Circuits de Voie) from Caracas Metro due or Venezuelan Subway system Is based on París Metro 1970's Technollogy.

There is any way to simulate on board ATO PA135?.

There is any programming language to support PA135 feature ? I have some learning on C# , C++ and Java.
MP 85

Re: Release: Paris RATP MF67 / MP73 metro

Post by MP 85 »

Sjoerd wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 21:08 Now available for download on the wiki; The MF67 and MP73 trains. :)

https://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Paris_MF67_&_MP73

This package also includes the Alstom Metro package, which has been updated to include the usable train protection switch.

https://i.postimg.cc/jSVMNBD6/RATP-fleet.jpg
Good job these Parisian metro is well integrated. I don't know if you have plans to build the MF77 later to enlarge the Paris metro park in the simulator ?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I already asked HexxOP if he is willing to create the same kind of 3D objects for the MF77, as I am very happy with our coöperation on the MF67. So for now it's up to him.
brozma

Post by brozma »

So I did some tests with both MF67 and MP73. Really well done. The trains have really nice sounds, even MF67 has it's custom sounds, when it's passing through rail joints, or when it's turning on sharp curve, and both MF67 and MP73 have custom sound, when you release pneumatic brakes. I also did maximum speed tests on Epping - Ongar railway central line and both MF67 and MP73 can go up to 100 km/h.

I also noticed, that when you set controller to "accelerate," both MF67 and MP73 builds up acceleration quite slowly (you can see it at the left bottom of the screen). This possibly suggests, that both trains uses rheostatic controller as a power regulation method. That ain't something new to me actually, the 81-717 train behaves like that in Metrostroi.

However when you set controller to "brake," both MF67 and MP73 start braking very quickly. This suggests, that either rheostatic controller responds much quicker, when EDB is engaged, or pneumatic brake goes off at first, and then EDB kicks in and pneumatic brake disengages.

And beware! Both MF67 and MP73 trains don't have door protection, so if you open the doors and set controller to "accelerate," the train will start moving with opened doors. So keep that in mind when you're standing still and you have doors opened!

I also really like the MF67 Convoi d'Auteuil train alias maintenance train. It looks very well detailed and I think, this is also the first maintenance train with electric power supply and security system installed, which is also aproppriate for metro networks.

TBH - when I heard MF67's sound of turning on sharp curve, I imediatelly got flashbacks on Paris Metro Simulator web browser game. Paris Metro SImulator is a HTML5 web browser 2D game, where you can drive Paris metro trains on Paris metro lines. You can also set disrupted traffic mode, which can cause a random disrupting events to appear. These are (what I encountered so far):

1st: Red light ahead - this causes next signal to show red light instead of green light. The train has to be stopped before the red light signal icon stops blinking, or you get a game over with message "You caused a SPAD incident!" The reasons could be any. The reasons I encountered so far were: track section signaling failure, insubordinate passengers wandering around on rails, faulty train ahead blocking path and suicide attempt. This event can be partially simulated in metrosim by various means.

2nd: Power outage/Blackout - this causes train to go dark and train forcefully stops. Train doesn't respond to acceleration and few seconds later, the power goes back on and trains starts accelerating. This event can't cause a game over. This event can be simulated in metrosim in two ways, either by switching off the cabin by pressing the Shift + F4 and then re-enabling it by by pressing Ctrl + F4, or by deactivating 3rd rail shoes/lowering the pantos, flipping reverser to "reverse" position and ignoring the buzzer. To end simulating a blackout using by a 2nd method. just flip reverser back to "forward" and activate 3rd rail shoes/raise pantos

3rd: Suspicious package found at station/ Terrorist attack on station - this can cause, when you're entering the station the red text in HUD appear saying "Suspicious package reported. Don't stop." or "Terrorists are attacking the station. Pass through ASAP!" This event was more common in both forms back in 2015 and 2016, possibly referencing to recent terrorist attacks, which happened in France during those years. If you're passing through the station slowly, you can see a bomb laying at the platform and the platform is completely empty (in case of suspicious package) or you can see some islamic looking people, who are armed with some kind of firearm. (in case of terrorist attack). Ignoring the text and stopping at the station results in game over with message saying "You stopped, and the bomb inside the package exploded." (in case of suspicious package) or "You stopped, and terrorists hijacked your train." (in case of terrorist attack, when you're driving a manually driven train) or "You stopped, and terrorists hacked the train's computer and took control of the train" (in case of terrorist attack, when you're driving a fully automatic train). This can be simulated in metrosim simply by passing though the certain station without stopping.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 20:55 And beware! Both MF67 and MP73 trains don't have door protection, so if you open the doors and set controller to "accelerate," the train will start moving with opened doors. So keep that in mind when you're standing still and you have doors opened!
While driving faster then 2,5 km/h closed doors can not be opened. However, you can start driving with open doors. A red door warning light will show when the train is driving with open passengerdoors.
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Sjoerd wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 21:35 While driving faster then 2,5 km/h closed doors can not be opened.
So that's why the doors open early when spamming the door buttons as the train stops
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains