Release: MP89 / NS93 / Be 8/8 TL

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: WIP Projects: CAF UT-440R and GEC-Alsthom NS-93

Post by Sjoerd »

For the screen on the right of the MP89/NS93 cabin: does anybody know the French / Spanish equivalent to "Signal passed at danger" (SPAD, England) / "Passage stop tonend sein" (STS, Netherlands)? :?:
The wikipedia page on these do not have Spanish or French versions.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Trainzdriver328

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

Je pense que cela signifie: Signal passé en attention or something
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Signal passé en attention doesn't really sound strong enough to me; that seems like nothing more then "just watch out" (while the train protection system executes an emergency stop). :D

It's simply that if the ATP system brings you to a stop because you violated a signal (like passing into a junction without a path set for you), I'd like the screen to show a warning text for that (so the driver knows why the ATP system is stopping his train). ;)

I'd like to find some official term (if it exists in French and Spanish). Or I could just do (in red letters) "Violation du signal"(FR) / "Violación de la señal"(ES)
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Indeed "attention" is more a warning than anything else.
And being "en attention" (= being "attentif") precisely mean 'to watch out'.

On MP89, this red diode should lights up when the train must be stoped for any reason.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (249.01 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
If you want to write the reason on the screen, "Violation du signal" could totally do it, I would say it "Passage signal fermé", but it's kinda cool to have a more "technical" (/computerish) way of saying it on the train screen.

About the "what lights up when doors are closed", obviously the classic thing in Paris would be the monocoup, but from what I saw there are two blue lights just on top of the screen, "MAINTIEN FERMETURE", one on the left for the left side, one on the right for the right side.
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (356.21 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
The yellow one lighting up when the 'park brake' is active.
The red one is "PRESSION REDUITE" ("Reduced pressure"), never saw it on, I suppose it's indicating a default on the release of the park brake.
On the middle "NUMERO RAME" is the panel where the operator enter it's service number that will be shown on the front.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Thanks! That is really helpful!

The function on that first picture; that's already in the model ;)
Those lights/controls on top of the screen, those still have to be added.

The servicenumber on the front; I have added that in in two parts; the first two digits are coupled to the simulator's destination display function, and can show the numbers 01-99 (or empty).
The second two digits are coupled to the simulator's service number function (which you also have on the RET 5200, for example). This also will show the numbers 01-99 (or empty). So you can show 0101 to 9999, or an empty screen.

This also complies with how these numbers are used in reality; on all Paris metro video's I have found, the first two digits always match the line number (on line M4, the number always starts with 04).

The destination display function (so, the first two digits) are also coupled to a list of 20 route diagrams which can be shown in the interior above the doors. So if you set the "destination" to "06", the line diagrams above the doors will show line M6.
Next to Rijndam en Simvliet lines, I also included Santiago line diagrams for the NS93, and Paris line diagrams for the MP89. And I plan to make these textures repaintable (just like the adds), so you can make your own if you want to.
Note; the line diagram list only has 20 positions, otherwise the texturefile would become too large. So if you set the 'destination' to 21.... you'll get line M1 again :D
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Waow pretty awesome. :D
Sjoerd wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 14:41 This also complies with how these numbers are used in reality; on all Paris metro video's I have found, the first two digits always match the line number (on line M4, the number always starts with 04).
That's it. :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

HexxOP wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 14:01 The red one is "PRESSION REDUITE" ("Reduced pressure"), never saw it on, I suppose it's indicating a default on the release of the park brake.
I think the label of the blue lights gives a good clue;
but from what I saw there are two blue lights just on top of the screen, "MAINTIEN FERMETURE", one on the left for the left side, one on the right for the right side.
-> "MAINTIEN FERMETURE" translates as "Hold closure"

Now right next to it is that red light with a label "PRESSION REDUITE" ("Reduced pressure").... My conclusion from this, is that the doors are closed by an air pressure system (most trains also use air pressure to operate the brakes, so the systems for that are already present). And apearently, this air pressure must me maintained to keep the doors secured. If the air pressure drops, the doors aren't secure anymore, and the red light activates to warn the driver (who can then stop the train as soon as possible).
So to never have seen it on.... Is really a good thing! :D

In the simulation, I'll make sure it's on when you are moving while the doors are open (like, if you have disabled the door protection and forgot to close the doors before driving, or if you have opened the doors while standing on non-level track and release the brakes) ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It's in :D
Only have to label it, but it's functional.

Here combined with a panel indicator illumination test;
Attachments
MP89CC_016.jpg
MP89CC_016.jpg (225.55 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Sjoerd wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 18:03 Now right next to it is that red light with a label "PRESSION REDUITE" ("Reduced pressure").... My conclusion from this, is that the doors are closed by an air pressure system (most trains also use air pressure to operate the brakes, so the systems for that are already present). And apearently, this air pressure must me maintained to keep the doors secured. If the air pressure drops, the doors aren't secure anymore, and the red light activates to warn the driver (who can then stop the train as soon as possible).
Ok, just a disclaimer, I do not work on MP89 maintenance so everything is pure supposition.

But I don't think MP89 doors are operated with air pressure, on almost every older Paris stock it's the case, but to me it looks like a pure electrical chain closing (actually there are 2 types, a chain one and a worm gear one).
Moreover, here there is no mention of auxiliary air circuit.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.41 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
(I do not elaborate on the double cylinder piston of older stocks to obtain the little slow down before full opening and full closing)

So yeah, if the doors where pneumatic, that would totally be it, but as the yellow one seems to be the stop brake release (and that the mechanical brake is definitely pneumatic), I thought the red one would be more likely to correspond to the brake circuit.
In the simulation, I'll make sure it's on when you are moving while the doors are open (like, if you have disabled the door protection and forgot to close the doors before driving, or if you have opened the doors while standing on non-level track and release the brakes) ;)
Anyway, it seems to be the best idea. :D

EDIT : Woo, that last screenshot seems to bring it to life ! :)
Oh and "Portes à droite" would be "Ouverture droite" if you want to keep it in french.
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Sjoerd wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 09:19 For the screen on the right of the MP89/NS93 cabin: does anybody know the French / Spanish equivalent to "Signal passed at danger" (SPAD, England) / "Passage stop tonend sein" (STS, Netherlands)? :?:
The wikipedia page on these do not have Spanish or French versions.
In France, we don't have expression Signal Passed At Danger. We refer to what happens next, which is a
FU (freinage d'urgence / Emergency breaking)
So I would say "Freinage d'urgence appliqué" (Emergency brakes applied).
In France, a red signal is called a "Carré" (Square) if you must never go through (or "Carré Fermé" [closed square]) or a "Sémaphore" (?) if you can go through (allowed by authorities of course)
You can see that here :
https://geillon.pagesperso-orange.fr/tr ... ignaux.htm
At the end, you can write "Signal fermé franchi" (Passed through closed/red Signal)
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !