London Underground trains

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: London Underground trains

Post by Sjoerd »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 14:34 Good luck! It's gonna be an interesting search! :lol:
At least it was worth a try... ;)

(anybody figured out on what railway I am working now, why I'm looking for this as a static object? :D )
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

are you working on some sort of railway museum ?
That would be pretty cool
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

There is an old Standard Stock model for Train Simulator in UKTrainSim. I have it, downloading stuff from that site is a pain.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

UKTrainsim? That site is a nightmare! I learned I think about 15 years ago that if it's only on UKTrainsim, then forget about it; it take ages to download anything from there.
For Microsoft Train Simulator? Isn't that *.s + *.sd -format? Is there a way to convert that to one of these formats? -> *.obj / *.x / *.m3sd / *.skp
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

It's for Train Simulator, the game that evolved from Railworks. Not MSTS. I have no idea how to convert it to other formats, though. The download comes in RWP format and you need an utilities program that comes with game to unpack them.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Then it's probably not going to work anyway; I need it in one of those four formats I mentioned in order to be able to use it.
And aside from that; Perhaps it's in the readme-file along with it.... what about permissions to use it? If it is in a package specifically made to be used in a certain game, in a non-common file format, the creator might not want it to be used somewhere else.
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Sjoerd wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 17:48 UKTrainsim? That site is a nightmare! I learned I think about 15 years ago that if it's only on UKTrainsim, then forget about it; it take ages to download anything from there.
For Microsoft Train Simulator? Isn't that *.s + *.sd -format? Is there a way to convert that to one of these formats? -> *.obj / *.x / *.m3sd / *.skp
Microsoft Train Simulator uses for *.s for a shape, and *.sd for bounding box, etc.
Train Simulator (formerly Railworks) uses *.geopdx files, which is probably a bit complicated.

As for UKTrainSim website, premium membership gives you high-speed downloads.
If you endure the waiting queue and then it takes ages to download, you're probably just a normal membership.
Domi2005

Post by Domi2005 »

Sjoerd wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 14:38 (anybody figured out on what railway I am working now, why I'm looking for this as a static object? :D )
The only thing I could think of is a railway museum either on your new map or on Michiel's LU route.
Also, I hope that more details will follow both of these new maps because they would add quite a bit of variety to the game. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Just add up the hints.... ;)
-> It's a line that exists in the real world.
-> Were I think the VT98's would do well.
-> I have posted a few screenshots already, including at one of the stations.
-> Somewhere along the line, in reality, a "standard stock" motorcar is parked (a place which unfortunately will remain empty in the simulation, but the track where it should be is in place).
Domi2005

Post by Domi2005 »

Sjoerd wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 09:30 Just add up the hints.... ;)
I'm clueless because the only places where Standard Stock units are stored is Acton Works and the London Transport Museum, however there's no non-electrified branch line nearby. Even if there were such a route, it wouldn't make sense to use the VT98 when you could have the Class 230 instead. Also, I can't figure where any of the screenshots could be located so I'm even more clueless. :(