Post by KievanRus233 »

Johannes713 wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 18:29 Isnt the max speed of the VIRM 200 km/h
But the allowed max speed os 140 km/h?
The maximum speed of VIRM is 160km/h
why did I pick this name
Trainzdriver328

Re: New NS suggestions

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

But you don't need to do a double-decker train for the first time because the RR-DDM already exists, which also has a top speed of 160 km / h. But you could suggest something similar like a Dutch Sprinter
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

Why not make an ETCS compatible version of the RR-DDM them.
Maybe even with a newer cab design (as the NS1700s cab is a little dated) with more screens.
Trainzdriver328

and maybe a pantograph for 25 KV alternating current and one for the 3 KV direct current. The RR-DDM has two pantographs anyway, so why not?
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

Good idea! I would consider a 4 pantograph design* (two for each motorcar) as then in the event of one breaking, you don't have a failed train.

*so two of one voltage at the front, and two of another at the back
KievanRus233

Post by KievanRus233 »

Trainzdriver328 wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 20:05 But you don't need to do a double-decker train for the first time because the RR-DDM already exists, which also has a top speed of 160 km / h. But you could suggest something similar like a Dutch Sprinter
Well, I already suggested SGM, SLT, SNG and more historical trains like Blauwe Engel.
why did I pick this name
Trainzdriver328

blanderrr wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 21:12 Good idea! I would consider a 4 pantograph design* (two for each motorcar) as then in the event of one breaking, you don't have a failed train.

*so two of one voltage at the front, and two of another at the back
I only imagined that one of the pantographs would be replaced by a 25 KV pantograph, but your idea wasn't bad
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

I would also change the cab to be more similar to a VIRM, as they are more modern.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Having sat in double deckers myself running at 140kmh on the top deck its not a nice thing to experience if the track isnt perfectly smooth laid out. Let stand running at 160kmh and you'll feel every single imperfection in the line. Considering Dutch HSL's are concrete addicted(alot of concrete) and that can get very hot during a heatwave. I would not EVEN attempt to run VIRM on a HSL during the heatwave as VIRM's do not have appropriate tractionmotor coolers(the coolers are crammed in a already hot space to preserve space) and in the real world also peform stopping services in outskirts of the network. (Alkmaar-Den Helder and Roosendaal-Vlissingen) its not ideal to run VIRM's on lines where the surface already can get 50 degrees celcius or 122 degrees fahrenheit. The modern TRAXX already struggles on the HSL even with the modern cooling installed during heatwaves. The HSL is not a ideal place to strand with overheated tractionmotors due to the explained concrete temperatures the train would heat up very quickly to dangerous temperatures. fortnutaly if this happens ProRail Incidentfighters are allowed to run code 3 to a stranded train if the passengers need to get out of the hot train as soon as possible.

To top up: Double deckers can get very wobbly on junctions or imperfect tracks. Atleast the VIRM. And you must remember that the track is more curved(verkanting) than usual on a HSL and the ICR coaches are not so fun at 160kmh (you almost slide from your seat) let stand what it will be when you are at the topfloor of a double decker.

Just felt like i needed to tell this

tl;dr VIRM on a HSL would be a no go
Last edited by Lincoln on 02 Apr 2020, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Usually found in the 1700 and the 186 043/186 122
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

Hmm...