General discussions

Moderator: senjer

AlistairCowell

Re: Rijndam

Post by AlistairCowell »

Here is the map of Rijndam Rail network as of 2022:
Rijndam2022_Rail_Map.jpg
Rijndam2022_Rail_Map.jpg (192.05 KiB) Viewed 3645 times
The line that passes through Blaak and Westplein takes you to the junction near Buitenvelden. From there, the line to the right takes you to Rijndam Buitenvelden and Noordvilet, while the line streight ahead, nobody knows what the line goes to. But with the fright train being placed there, it is presumed there would be a container terminal somewhere north of the island. A city called either Briel or Nederdam is another possibility.

The tunnel is actually at the east of the island. The Intercity Direct trains would depart Rijndam Centraal towards the tunnel through Ypenburg and Zeeburg. The tunnel takes you to the mainland at Essim.
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Interesting fact: the Essim tunnel is a circle.
I went from Hemlo to the Essim tunnel and just went back to Hemlo after I exited the tunnel
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It's not a circle. It is an 18 km long Channel Tunnel, with a large (outdoor) terminal complex at both ends.
So perhaps you where sleeping when you passed through the "Essim Tunnel Terminal" complex. :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

These 2 stations were very similar
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

AlistairCowell wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 11:15 The tunnel is actually at the east of the island. The Intercity Direct trains would depart Rijndam Centraal towards the tunnel through Ypenburg and Zeeburg. The tunnel takes you to the mainland at Essim.
Is there not a tunnel after westplein ?i know the tunnel near essim but i ment that tunnel the railway goes into after leaving westplein ( not the noordvleit branch lol)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

In earlier versions of Rijndam, that tunnel did not exist and there was a level crossing with the road. Later, I was adding a tramline on that road (line T2 to Ketelplein). I did not want two tram-train level crossings right next to each other (the other one being the crossing next to Rijndam Buitenvelden station), so I decided the main railway line should just move down and go under the road instead. And as the railway leaves the map anyway.... I did not bother going back up to the surface to end the line, but just made a new loop to turn the freighttrain around underground.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

I send intercity services that way too just to imagine another city or a smaller town is that way.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Bug report: I was making an activity for M4 and idk if it had already been reported but when a train arrives on TRD1 from M4, it doesn't turn around, I tried with 2009 and 1996, both didn't turn around.
lazyricky

Post by lazyricky »

AlistairCowell wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 11:15 Here is the map of Rijndam Rail network as of 2022:
Rijndam2022_Rail_Map.jpg

The line that passes through Blaak and Westplein takes you to the junction near Buitenvelden. From there, the line to the right takes you to Rijndam Buitenvelden and Noordvilet, while the line streight ahead, nobody knows what the line goes to. But with the fright train being placed there, it is presumed there would be a container terminal somewhere north of the island. A city called either Briel or Nederdam is another possibility.

The tunnel is actually at the east of the island. The Intercity Direct trains would depart Rijndam Centraal towards the tunnel through Ypenburg and Zeeburg. The tunnel takes you to the mainland at Essim.
how can Rijndam be an Island if RIJNDAM literally means "dam on the Rhine?" I'm confused. the Rhine comes from Switzerland and crosses Germany before its end in the Northern sea. Not sure a river could go from the mainland to an island :lol: :lol: :lol:
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Sjoerd did say Rijndam would be set around the River Rhine, before he decided to build the Hondwijk - Essim Tunnel which suggests Rijndam would be an 'island', as some some of us had suggested.

Maybe Rijndam has it's own River Rhine and not the same River Rhine that runs from Switzerland, through Germany, to the North Sea.
Otherwise the river would just be re-named to something else.