Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

tunneltrain96

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by tunneltrain96 »

we got some nice green track, it looks like these improved tram tracks are a sign of what's to come! :D
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
brozma

Post by brozma »

tunneltrain96 wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 21:23 we got some nice green track, it looks like these improved tram tracks are a sign of what's to come! :D
I agree. This will look nicely in Hagenigen. Also, I think, I know what will come in Beta 3.17.
Lemme guess:

1st: In Simvliet map, a complete tram network in Hagenigen will be added with true tram tracks, instead of those in Rijndam. I clearly know, that Sjoerd had to improvise, when he was building Rijndam tram network back in Beta 3.12, and I doubt, he will try to rebuild Rijndam maps, so tram tracks will match those in Hagenigen.

2nd: A City Of Thames map will be proabably extended, and new lines will be possibly added, some of the sections could be possibly fitted with LUSS Coded Manual system.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Hageningen historic city center...

Yes, I had to improvise when I was building the Rijndam (and Toronto) tram lines. Am I going to upgrade that? Indeed probably not (but never say never); I always have to weigh needed effort versus potential benefit (especially as I could also use that same time creating something new instead). ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Johannes713

Post by Johannes713 »

brozma wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 19:56
tunneltrain96 wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 21:23 we got some nice green track, it looks like these improved tram tracks are a sign of what's to come! :D
I agree. This will look nicely in Hagenigen. Also, I think, I know what will come in Beta 3.17.
Lemme guess:

1st: In Simvliet map, a complete tram network in Hagenigen will be added with true tram tracks, instead of those in Rijndam. I clearly know, that Sjoerd had to improvise, when he was building Rijndam tram network back in Beta 3.12, and I doubt, he will try to rebuild Rijndam maps, so tram tracks will match those in Hagenigen.

2nd: A City Of Thames map will be proabably extended, and new lines will be possibly added, some of the sections could be possibly fitted with LUSS Coded Manual system.
Maybe that Train map
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

I have a feeling that simvliet is the metro sim version of amsterdam with its tram tracks, kinda a weird way to compare it
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Well it may also be inspired from the trams in Den Haag (where the Hageningen name probably comes from) and it’s also near Rotterdam which Simvliet Metro is inspired by
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Actually the buildings are from Delft:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.0118142, ... 312!8i6656
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.0096597, ... 312!8i6656
And Delft is served by HTM tramlines 1 and 19, although they don't go through the old city in reality (although the old steam tram did go into the city long long time ago).
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Question, the tracks that turn left in Delft when going towards the 1 and 19 terminus, and then go through the TU campus were used by that steam tram?
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

No. Those were not used by the steam tram.
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.0057082, ... 384!8i8192
If you look in here, towards the right goes to Delft Tanthof and to the left goes to the TU campus but its not finished yet. The plan is that the tram towards TU Campus (line 19) will be finished around the end of 2022. But it will not go to the planned terminus and that's because the reactor at the TU (Technical University) has reactions to the new tram. Could be even more delayed. Line 19 terminates now at Delft Station.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

The steam tram used to run through this street:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.0098707, ... 312!8i6656

It was probably single track as well as that was common back in the 1800s.