Is there a modern monorail map project?

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

yfextn

Is there a modern monorail map project?

Post by yfextn »

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/RIjZ1yqzoN8[/Youtube]
Sjoerd

Re: Is there a modern monorail map project?

Post by Sjoerd »

I once made the Wuppertal Schwebebahn for MSTS (https://trainsim.hcc.nl/treinsims/micro ... ebahn.html)

I also build the Shonan Monorail for MSTS, but I could never release it; I lost the project in a computer-crash when I was about 80% done, and never rebuild it. This was back when USB-sticks didn't exist yet, so all I had was CD-R as an option to backup data outside of the computer, and as you could only write on those once, and I did not have much money back then to keep buying them, I didn't use them much.

But I have not made a monorail for Metrosim.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

I remember seeing a video on a hyperloop in metrosim, but I think a monorail would be an interesting take in something like another airport shuttle for a different or new map.
Finally updated my avatar photo :)
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

The last time I brought up monorail, I got Thanosed.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

I'm still undecided what kind of additional transport lines Essim would have besides the trains, so who knows... some day.......
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I could do a monorail of the "Alweg" type (the system in the picture in the first post of this topic), but in order to make that look good... I would request two new functions in the simulator; a way to animate switches more slowly (so they don't change over instantly), and (there it is again) a way to activate platform edge doors ;) (after all; you really don't want to fall down between the platform and the track.... :lol: )

A very nice video about what it could look like in the simulator (including underground and high above ground sections): https://youtu.be/2Q4qxtuHPEQ
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
tunneltrain96

Post by tunneltrain96 »

If you got PEDs to work properly, I think that would amazing. There would be other uses for it that would make metrosim really interesting.
Finally updated my avatar photo :)