GVB 11G double traction

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Transrapid1

GVB 11G double traction

Post by Transrapid1 »

Hey guys/devs!
Would it be possible to make it able to run double traction 11G/12G trams (so when you couple 2 trams, all doors on the specific side will open)?Even it isnt realistic, I would love that feature! :)
Greetings!
Sjoerd

Re: GVB 11G double traction

Post by Sjoerd »

You can couple two of them, but the second one won't recieve the signals for the doors; only turnsignals and brakes will work. It's pretty much for towing only.

I have a book here on the history of trams in The Hague since 1945, and it states that with the PCC trams in The Hague in the first years (between 1957 and 1973), a conductor was present in the second car (when two were coupled together) to operate the doors (and sell tickets). So.... Perhaps you can couple two 11G / 12G trams together, let the AI drive the front one, and take a seat yourself in the rear one to operate the doors at tramstops (just activating your cab to operate the doors, and then deactivate again to the AI of the front vehicle can depart again). ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Transrapid1

Post by Transrapid1 »

Yes, I know what you mean. But I just want to drive it too XD
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 20:46 You can couple two of them, but the second one won't recieve the signals for the doors; only turnsignals and brakes will work. It's pretty much for towing only.

I have a book here on the history of trams in The Hague since 1945, and it states that with the PCC trams in The Hague in the first years (between 1957 and 1973), a conductor was present in the second car (when two were coupled together) to operate the doors (and sell tickets). So.... Perhaps you can couple two 11G / 12G trams together, let the AI drive the front one, and take a seat yourself in the rear one to operate the doors at tramstops (just activating your cab to operate the doors, and then deactivate again to the AI of the front vehicle can depart again). ;)
Whoa. That's a really great idea! I actually tried that myself with a pair GVB 12G trams, and this is something really unusual. Well at least I can rest a bit and just operate the doors, when AI driver in front does the rest. I also noticed, that AI doesn't depart, when rear tram has it's door opened, or they're closing and front tram has them already closed. This is obviously a good thing. Imagine a driver in front having no clue, that rear tram didn't close it's doors yet and departs anyway. Driving around with doors opened or partially closed is extremely dangerous. Also, activating the cabin on rear tram when cabin in front one, causes brakes to lock up. So if you want to depart, you have to close doors and then quickly deactivate the cabin. Note: You can also activate the cabin during ride, if you want to forcibly stop the trams. This can be used to simulate an emergency stop, when something horrible happens in rear tram, and you need help of the driver in front. If you want to try this method of driving. I'll tell you how.

1st: Spawn a pair of GVB 11G/GVB 12G trams, or couple two GVB 11G/GVB 12G trams into pair.

2nd: Activate cabin in the front tram, lift up front tram's panto and enable AI on front tram. This will simulate a primary driver in front of the tram.

3rd: Go to the cabin of rear tram, activate cabin, lift up rear tram's panto and deactivate the cabin again. Don't go back to the front tram! Stay in the rear one! If a path for you was set, the AI will start moving the tram.

4th: If you stop at staion, Activate the cabin and open doors on the correct side. If you hear a beping noise (AI is closing doors), close the doors and deactivate the cabin. AI will drive by iself so sit back, relax and wait for tram to arrive at next station
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English