Post by Sjoerd »

How did you do that?
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
RotterdamMetroLover

Re: NZH A500 / B500

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

MattH wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 11:20 Image

oops no livery!
Try putting all the files in the Metrosimulator folder. You are probably missing a img. file.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That shouln't be the issue (even though this IS the effect of a missing texture file). I checked; the correct texturefile ("NZH_1.png") is included in the 000-database. And it works in my test-environment, so I don't know how MattH could have gotten this effect.
luka23

Post by luka23 »

So basically it's vantablack now
brozma

Post by brozma »

MattH wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 11:20 oops no livery!
Well, there are two explanations for this.

1st: MattH proabably uses AMD graphics card with pre-CGN technology. These graphics cards usually have issues like this with metrosim.

2nd: The textures for tram's livery are corrupted. Either HDD (SSD) is faulty or biting dust, or internet conection is unstable, which caused incomplete download.
I can confirm that HDD (SSD) malfunction can cause this. Back in 2017, when HDD in my old laptop from 2013 was about to get BCD files corrupted, bricking the laptop. I also experienced missing textures for repaint version of both KTM 23 and KTM 31. At first this was happening randomly and I could fix it by restarting the metrosim, but later the restarts stopped helping and, when I tried to open texture files from Windows Explorer, I've got an error saying, that file could not be opened. And a few days later, my laptop got BCD error and got bricked.

Solutions for MattH:

If 1st option is correct: The only thing you can do is to get newer AMD graphics card or Nvidia graphics card. If you can't afford them, well, TOO BAD FOR YOU! You have to deal with it then!

If 2nd option is correct: Well this a bit tricky. You have to find out if your HDD (SSD) is okay, or if your internet connection is stable. For diagnosing your HDD (SSD), try to google some tools.
If you have HDD in your computer: Pay attention to ammount of bad sectors. If there are few of them and they're not increasing, then the HDD is okay, All HDDs can deal with small amount of bad sectors. But keep monitoring that ammount, because it could get worse. If there are lot of them, and/or they're increasing, then backup your remaining data ASAP and get a new one.
If you have SSD, I can't help you with that, I've never diagnosed a SSD before, so you're on your own.
For testing internet connection: Try to download something big, and watch network usage in task manager in "performance" tab. If the speed of download drops or stops completely, try to open a random webpage. If you can't open it, try to ping your router (modem) using command prompt. If pinging failed, then the router, or xDSL modem or optic fiber modem proabably crashed or hung up. Rebooting them usually solves this. If not, then you should contact your ISP to help you.

That's all I can do to help you. Try these steps and post back, how you went.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 21:16 2nd: The textures for tram's livery are corrupted. Either HDD (SSD) is faulty or biting dust, or internet conection is unstable, which caused incomplete download.
If this is the case, something you might try. This is the texture file you seem to be missing (if this is the case; the NZH A1000 worktram and C120 freightcars should also be black when you use those), a 512x512 pixel PNG file:

https://i.postimg.cc/zvRpZzQc/NZH-1.png

(It's a pretty general color-palet file, which I currently use on all vehicle projects, just modifying it as needed for the individual project.)

Place it in Data/TramNL/textures, and rename it "NZH_1.png" (low horizontal line before the 1)

See if that helps.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Work has started on adding another tram to the simulator; the second NZH A500 / B500 series, known as the "high 500 series"). Passenger numbers had increased, and the NZH needed more rolling stock. While the first 500-series vehicles were made by Ganz in 1923-24, this second series (ordered in 1929) was build by Beijnes (the motorcars) and Werkspoor (the trailercars).
They had a different front (the curved roof-line), different windows on the sides, a bit more power then the older vehicles, and in 1949 the trailercars (B500) were fitted with driver controls on one end. In reality these could only be used to control an A400-series motorcar (usually in a B+A+B configuration), but in the simulator I intend to make them work with the A500 motorcars.

This is made possible by the efforts of Johannes K. on 3D Warehouse, who was very happy seeing the earlier NZH 500-series in the simulator, and therefore has been building this next Sketchup model since, so the whole 500-series could be completed for the simulator. :P
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Sjoerd wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 21:01 Work has started on adding another tram to the simulator; the second NZH A500 / B500 series, known as the "high 500 series"). Passenger numbers had increased, and the NZH needed more rolling stock. While the first 500-series vehicles were made by Ganz in 1923-24, this second series (ordered in 1929) was build by Beijnes (the motorcars) and Werkspoor (the trailercars).
They had a different front (the curved roof-line), different windows on the sides, a bit more power then the older vehicles, and in 1949 the trailercars (B500) were fitted with driver controls on one end. In reality these could only be used to control an A400-series motorcar (usually in a B+A+B configuration), but in the simulator I intend to make them work with the A500 motorcars.

This is made possible by the efforts of Johannes K. on 3D Warehouse, who was very happy seeing the earlier NZH 500-series in the simulator, and therefore has been building this next Sketchup model since, so the whole 500-series could be completed for the simulator. :P
Nice that he was happy to see his models in a game. :)
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.